Dog Platform for backseat

longhorn1

Ouch, that stings!
I built a platform for our lab. It has a 6" hinged side to insure that I can get in and out of the truck. It extends to the drivers side so the cooler will sit on it, and it is cut out so my portable solar, air conditioner can fit on the floor behind my seat.

DSC06805.JPGDSC06806.JPGDSC06807.JPG

Nice job. I did something very similar for Callie, our cattle dog mix.
I removed the back seat of the access cab Tundra to make room, so my platform has 1x2 legs to support it.

I made a nook in the top rail to enclose a Buddy Bowl for water while on the road.

604_101_popup.jpg

longhorn1 said:
I built a platform for our lab. It has a 6" hinged side to insure that I can get in and out of the truck. It extends to the drivers side so the cooler will sit on it, and it is cut out so my portable solar, air conditioner can fit on the floor behind my seat.
Nice job.

I have 2 versions, depending on whether we are carrying the footwell water tank. If the tank is not in the truck, we use a plywood platform covered with carpet. There is access to store things underneath in the footwell. When the tank is in the footwell, I just lay some thin plywood on top. In both cases, there is a dog bed and some pillows that go on top. The dog is very happy back there.

Here's some photos of the two versions (sorry for the big pics- I don't know how to get the small thumbnails).

ikoeogEohUvuYUV6B9VymPhqPAyaQ1et-xaMO400jkI=w508-h676-no

azJONDp9va11kODTJl2umvEcWuAtycgauWVp-bR1b8E=w902-h676-no

Ff_pixKuZPqxc22UsIYUwkUVnUbpsRECEPaAhv3XVfI=w508-h676-no

ZPsDLh7dVwKc7an_YPJoApFyKkB5JdWU9VKs4z9etO8=w508-h676-no

O5RIPpRJmHI94g4PQvJrDeoZfFRirTELoezwuMDpGP8=w508-h676-no

Hey Longhorn1, that is a nice ramp. Do you have a link to that? Our aging golden retriever is going to need something like that one of these years.

Takesiteasy,
I got it from Camping World. They have two different ones, mine is the larger one, 6' X 16" and it folds down to 36", cost around $100, John

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

Through Camping World, Gen7Pets, Model # G7572NS Natural-Step

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Wander The West mobile app

I'm sure my dog would be thankful if I build something like that. Thanks, another project on the list /grrr :)

I fixed up the back seat of the truck so my little dogs could look out the window. They climbed down and went to sleep on the floor. They need to watch more Subaru commercials.

Be thankful. Mine only lays down when he's run out of drool. Not really an attractive sight on the truck but what are you going to do? A dogs gotta put his head out.

Back
Top Bottom