Dometic 2014 80l fridge not getting cold

Cbessler

Advanced Member
Hey guys. I have a 2014 fleet with a 80l dometic 2 way fridge. Having trouble with it not getting cold on 2 different recent trips. The knob is turned on the light comes on and I had it at various settings from level 5 to 7, I had enough energy etc. It was reasonably full of food but nothing crazy. I didn't really see vents (not sure exactly where they are) but I didn't think I blocked anything.

The back of the fridge gets rather cold and you can hear it cycling on and off. The freezer didnt get cold. The door and door gasket doesn't want to stay shut. Any ideas on how to tighten the door? The latch at the top can latch but there is still a small air gap. Maybe just cold air is leaking out the bottom? Any other incite or experience with this kind of thing would be helpful.

Thanks!

This is the gap I'm talking about. Also, is there suppose to be a locking pin or anything here to depress it to help keep it shut/open. Thanks

Attachments

• 20220323_143625.jpg
    20220323_143625.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 58
At the top of the door, in the center is a round disc control. Flipped to the left, it creates a vented compartment for storage. Flipped to the right allows the door to seal creating a cold compartment. My 2014 Hawk has the 110l Dometic compressor fridge. It will not get really cold with the control flipped to the left.

There is an adjustment for door closure and the gasket can get damaged causing air leakage which results in poor cooling. Door adjustment requires unscrewing the 4 mounting screws and sliding the box out a little to get to the door adjustment screws. My recommendation if door adjustment is needed is to pay an RV service guy to do it. I wish I had paid to have it done.

A simple test for door closure is to close the door with a dollar bill in the door. If it isn’t held with the door closed, it probably needs adjustment.

Paul

Hey Paul thanks for the great idea with the dollar bill. I added a little cardboard shim to the bottom latch point and it has helped some for sure. It was wearing out and causing it to be loose. Also, I screwed down the top round disc latch more and that allowed it to catch better. Definitely have to pay attention when you close it but it works. I will prob still replace the gasket tho for good measure

Back
Top Bottom