Dometic awning

Don't know much. JC Whitney has some that looked good for a good $$.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/shade-maker-rope-and-pole-awning-universal-awning/p2002617.jcwx?filterid=c15099u0j8

Not my pic, but I saved it for future reference-

jcwhitney awning (Large).jpg

~DR

I had one on my old 4wc and I do miss it. Very easy to operate and pretty high quality. Probably a notch under the Fiamma in construction (IMO) but I like not having to need to use/carry an extra piece to wind the crank.

That will fit, but it's in a bag which has to be replaced every couple years. Plus it has guy wires.

Lot cheaper though, and it's removable.

I have a Catalina 2500 by Dometic on my All Terrain Camper and it works great. Although I thought it would be useful in the summer sun, I find it usually gets set up in the rain and snow!

Here is the Dometic deployed for grilling in the rain and staked out for the wind.
gallery_172_38_46956.jpg

DR thanks looks a good price !
BSS thanks for pointing out the bag don't think I like that idea

Stew is it effective for blocking out the the sun for shade ?

The Dometic Catalina awnings are no longer being made. The new Dometic awning is a big heavy bulky awning. If you find a used Catalina you can still get parts for it.

Yes, d trees, it makes great dark shade when needed.

I've sat under Stew's awning. It makes great shade and kept us out of the rain. :)

The Dometic Catalina awnings are no longer being made. The new Dometic awning is a big heavy bulky awning. If you find a used Catalina you can still get parts for it.

So, Marty, what small awnings are you now installing on your new All Terrain Campers?

FYI, for those interested in the awning issue. I have on my Hallmark Milner LX an 8' "Carefree Colorado" awning. I use it a lot for sun, rain and snow and have never had a problem with it. The mounting system is bomb proof as well as the material used for the awning. It is a crank out system and it has two swing down legs. I bought a pair of the auger type tie down systems and can leave it set up while away from camp without worry.

I hope this helps.

Good Camping!

paul

I have a Dometic Catalina 2500 awning. You can have it for $75. I have no way to ship it so you would have to pick it up. I live in South West Utah. I took it off my 4W Camper because: (1) I never used it. (2) I didn't like the weight, especiallay since I put on a solar panel, which added weight. (3) I bought a large umbrella thing at Costco, which fits perfectly into a tube I installed under the roof extension in front, which I use in place of the awning when I need shade or rain protection. I don't use the umbrella much either.

Richard

Richard what part of Utah are you in , I have a friend going to St George tomorrow through Sunday ?, Derek

I believe this was because of the entry door on the side of DD's custom flatbed camper. The awning needed to be raised so ATC came up with the brackets. Usually awnings are mounted to the side.

Richard what part of Utah are you in , I have a friend going to St George tomorrow through Sunday ?, Derek

I live very near St. George. Anyone interested in this awning can e-mail me at Ranney@kayenta.net.

Back
Top Bottom