Dometic RM 2193 problem - flame puffing out around burner

I also have a Dometic 2193 3-way. Last year spiders made a nest in burner which reduced the efficiency so after watch the mechanic solve it with a compressor, it motivated me to get a compressor to blow them out. This year the issue is different. When lighting the unit it the gas lights for a split second and then puffs and blows out the flame and does not remain lighted. It made whooping sound and does not stay lighted. Ideas

robcc said:
I also have a Dometic 2193 3-way. Last year spiders made a nest in burner which reduced the efficiency so after watch the mechanic solve it with a compressor, it motivated me to get a compressor to blow them out. This year the issue is different. When lighting the unit it the gas lights for a split second and then puffs and blows out the flame and does not remain lighted. It made whooping sound and does not stay lighted. Ideas
It’s possible you’re lighting the stove with too much gas pressure. The Dometic in my Oliver has the light mark on the gas knob well below High. It either won’t light, or won’t stay lighted if trying to light a burner at high. All other stoves I’ve used were lighted at high.

Back
Top Bottom