Dometic white drain plug?

Regular size 15/16” socket if I remember correctly. On an extension to clear the gas (?) line. Buy a couple extras, because the damn things cross thread in less than a heartbeat.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
Regular size 15/16” socket if I remember correctly. On an extension to clear the gas (?) line. Buy a couple extras, because the damn things cross thread in less than a heartbeat.
Turn it counter clockwise with your fingers until you feel the first thread drop, then clockwise with fingers, repeating if necessary until you are satisfied the threads have started correctly. I use this method on all kinds if things to avoid cross threading. It’s second nature to many, but some have never thought to turn the opposite direction.

Jon R said:
Turn it counter clockwise with your fingers until you feel the first thread drop, then clockwise with fingers, repeating if necessary until you are satisfied the threads have started correctly. I use this method on all kinds if things to avoid cross threading. It’s second nature to many, but some have never thought to turn the opposite direction.
+1 on counter clockwise looking for thread drop. Forces one to go slowly to start & increases chance of successful thread engagement.

Paul

Jon R said:
I always do, but still manage to occasionally cross thread them.

Back
Top Bottom