Donations being accepted now

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure
Site Team
Please note that on the right side of the forum index page there is a donation button. While donations of any level are appreciated, I have created a program that allows members to become official "Contributing Members" of the site with the associated benefits. The cost is a one time donation of $50 and you will receive:

WTW Tshirt

100 Points to use for our monthly product giveaway

In addition we will make a 10 dollar donation to the Advocacy group of your choice from our Advocacy database.

Full details: http://www.wanderthewest.com/index.php/rewards

I have been working on the advocacy database and I expect it will be online with an initial set of organizations in the next week. It may seem strange to donate money to WTW, and then in turn some of that money to an advocacy organization. The goal is for WTW to create relationships with these groups so that we can get more people aware of the work I am doing here at the site and grow traffic over time.

Moving forward all users that become contributing members (by the paid or content contribution methods) will have a 10 dollar donation made on their behalf as described above.

Thanks to everyone that has supported the site!

I'd also like to point out that I plan on making the 10 dollar Advocacy contribution retroactively for all Contributing Members as I'm hoping this will jumpstart the process of creating relationships with the groups.

If you are thinking this is a bit confusing right now - don't worry I think it will all make sense when I roll out the advocacy section in the next week. I've had a grand plan for this for the last couple years but it took some inspiration from the members here to get the program going.

Great thanks! For those of you that have shirts coming please shoot me a PM with the size and style you want, and your shipping address. Shirts:

http://www.wanderthewest.com/index.php/reward?record=1

I think this is a great idea...and great that it's an optional donation rather than a subscription.
Check your PP account ($$ should be in two parts).
smile.gif

What, no Ginsu knife? :LOL:
All done, and it only cost me $49.34 CAD!

I'll catch up with you later on the shirt - it'll cost a mint to get it across the border.

I'm really happy to contribute to this site and whichever advocacy group I can choose.

Awesome, thanks.

contribution sent. Does that include the prostate pills or was that the miracle gas mileage coil?

This didn't jump out at me right away but I see it now, on my way.

P.S. (Not really related to this thread but lets keep some activity going in it so people definitely see it) When we have contributor points are we automatically entered in your drawings or do we have to do something as well? I've passively wondered how that works but haven't really tried to hard to figure it out before. :)

When we have contributor points are we automatically entered in your drawings or do we have to do something as well?

We are not automatically entered -- you have to choose to enter the drawing and how many entries (up to 5 -- costs 10 points per entry) you make for a particular month's drawing.
It's a little tricky to find the page where you enter. This direct link works for me, but maybe it doesn't work until/unless you are a qualifying "Contributing" member:
http://www.wanderthe...rcp&tab=rewards
I found this via my Profile page >Edit my profile>Rewards (under Your Options)

DD, is there a simpler/more-obvious way to get to the drawing-entry page?

We are not automatically entered -- you have to choose to enter the drawing and how many entries (up to 5 -- costs 10 points per entry) you make for a particular month's drawing.
It's a little tricky to find the page where you enter. This direct link works for me, but maybe it doesn't work until/unless you are a qualifying "Contributing" member:
http://www.wanderthe...rcp&tab=rewards
I found this via my Profile page >Edit my profile>Rewards (under Your Options)

DD, is there a simpler/more-obvious way to get to the drawing-entry page?

Link works, thanks.

I am no computer nut. I sent the money I think? Not sure if I done it correctly. :cautious: The midwest shows its support for WTW. I don't get how to PM and the points thing sorry

I am no computer nut. I sent the money I think? Not sure if I done it correctly. :cautious: The midwest shows its support for WTW. I don't get how to PM and the points thing sorry

I sent you a PM (private message), you can access that in your messenger from your user menu, upper right part of the page.

The response to this has been amazing. Thanks to everyone that donated! Again, If you would like a shirt please shoot me a PM with size, style, and shipping address.

Done!! Hope I did it right!! I don't need another T shirt but could use a new WTW window sticker!!!

Please send my donation to Blue Ribbon!!!

Back
Top Bottom