Dont Get Eatten

1tonpaulie

Contributors
I have a friend riding his BRP as Barko calls it. A Honda XR650 from LA to North Carolina and back. Last night he got to Yellowstone and the park ranger told him two people got killed by grizzley bear. So he went and bought his bear spray!

Paulie :unsure:

Bear spray isn't going to do much to a Grizzly but I suppose its worth a try in a pinch. If that doesn't work you can always kick the bear in the nuts.

Bear spray isn't going to do much to a Grizzly but I suppose its worth a try in a pinch. If that doesn't work you can always kick the bear in the nuts.

I just know someone is going to post the old joke about how do you tell grizzly scat from Black Bear scat.................

All that aside. This is sad to hear about another fatality.

.......but we all are still more at risk of getting killed while in our vehicles - the dangerous part of the trip.

I just know someone is going to post the old joke about how do you tell grizzly scat from Black Bear scat.................
All that aside. This is sad to hear about another fatality.
.......but we all are still more at risk of getting killed while in our vehicles - the dangerous part of the trip.

x2!

They say its more effective than a gun. I'd really rather not find out myself, though I do carry it occassionally. Wonder how it works on mountain lions.

They say its more effective than a gun. I'd really rather not find out myself, though I do carry it occassionally. Wonder how it works on mountain lions.

When I worked in Alaska the general feeling with the crews up there was that the spray was a joke. A shotgun was the preferred tool and 44's for the less well equipped (thats what I carried). But if a Grizzly was about to eat my head I suppose I'd give the spray a shot.

Spray has been proven to be more effective than a gun.

The chance of getting a kill shot on a charging griz is very low. The chance of spray repelling the bear is high.

Either way it would be a brown pants day to be charged by a grizzly.

The Lady and I have encountered grizzly in the backcountry while backpacking. They command a great deal of respect and scare me almost as much as moose.

More people have been killed by moose.

I have been charged by a moose, it was scary!

The Lady and I have encountered grizzly in the backcountry while backpacking. They command a great deal of respect and scare me almost as much as moose.

I just encountered a scorpion on the kitchen floor :eek: .

I just encountered a scorpion on the kitchen floor :eek: .

Last night, wee-hours of the morning, I had a run-in with a couple of young raccoon hooligans -- they woke me up with the noise they made trying to break in through the cat-door. When I opened the back door and yelled at them they ran off into the darkness...but as soon as they were out of range they turned and growled/hissed at me, surely as if to say "we'll F you up, puny human, if we get a chance!"
ohmy.gif

Pound-for-pound deadlier than a Kodiak brown bear!

Last night, wee-hours of the morning, I had a run-in with a couple of young raccoon hooligans -- they woke me up with the noise they made trying to break in through the cat-door. When I opened the back door and yelled at them they ran off into the darkness...but as soon as they were out of range they turned and growled/hissed at me, surely as if to say "we'll F you up, puny human, if we get a chance!"
ohmy.gif

Pound-for-pound deadlier than a Kodiak brown bear!

Careful there, I had the same situation once but when I opened the door to scatter them it was skunks. Now back to those bears.........

Back
Top Bottom