Drawer and Cabinet latches

Vento

Advanced Member
So I rebuilt all my cabinets and drawers but now I am to the point where: How do I keep them from flying open?

Any help, tips or ideas are welcome!!!

See Ski's build. He used a push to lock knob.
gallery_1902_710_70144.jpg

I used the FWC "slam latch" they use on the doors on my doors and drawers.
P1110948.jpg

I LOVE FWC but they make the world's worst drawers. :)

I just converted some of my Hawk cabinet spaces into full extension drawer trays. (One of these days I need to learn how to post photos.) I re-used the existing FWC catches in the most visible locations and went with simple black draw-bolts in less visible areas. Looks good- works better. I can't believe how much more accessible my under bench storage is.

I found a 'soft close' drawer slide at Home Depot to use on my one drawer. It takes a little effort to open (necessitating a drawer handle) and that is enough to keep it closed. I also use heavy duty magnets (also found at Home Depot) on all the cabinet doors. Haven't had any open while driving yet.

jim

Bombsight said:
Thanks, Bombsight. I see on the Southco.com website different models have different panel thickness and I am not sure which I need. I am using half inch plywood which is what FWC uses. I have one of these latches for my battery box but dont know what its model number is.

The one you linked to has 0.675"-0.875" Panel Thickness so will that work with half inch plywood?

BillTheHiker said:
Thanks, Bombsight. I see on the Southco.com website different models have different panel thickness and I am not sure which I need. I am using half inch plywood which is what FWC uses. I have one of these latches for my battery box but dont know what its model number is.

The one you linked to has 0.675"-0.875" Panel Thickness so will that work with half inch plywood?
Not sure. I'd call Southco.

Back
Top Bottom