Dutch Fire

pvstoy

The Dutch Fire broke out Tuesday afternoon near I-80 near Dutch Flat in Placer County. It has already burned 20 acres and has forced the closure of I-80 in both directions near the fire.

I-80 eastbound is closed at Colfax and I-80 westbound is closed at the SR-20 separation. Commuters are being rerouted onto SR-20 toward Nevada City/Grass Valley, however, SR-20 is at a standstill and alternate routes are recommended.

Alternate routes are SR-20, SR-49 and SR-174. However, traffic congestion is significant and it's best to avoid travel to this region if possible.

Caltrans says to use SR-49 and SR-174 as there is no estimated time of reopening.

PG&E is reporting a power outage to over 1700 customers from Applegate to Colfax.

This is a rapidly changing situation and this story will be updated when new information is available

https://carsonnow.org/story/09/13/2022/new-wildfire-near-dutch-flat-placer-county-closes-i-80

Image in relationship to the Mosquito Fire.

122881-newi80map (1).png

Seems under control at the moment. Wish I could say the same for the mosquito fire though it appears they are doing their best to save foresthill.

Back
Top Bottom