DV question

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit
I have heard that the back trails of Death Valley are for street legal vehicles only. Jeeps vs quads, etc. Just wondering about motorcycles. The street legal dual purpose type? Anyone know? Thanks.......... :)

Anything inside a national park must be "very" street legal.

I once rode a dirt bike into Furnace Creek back in the mid '70's to get gas. Took up two whole tickets to write up all of the infractions.

Right off the DVNP website:
Vehicles
Vehicles must be street legal. Vehicles with off-the-highway registration (California green-sticker) cannot be operated anywhere within the national park. All vehicles must have valid license plates and highway registration including two-wheel-drive and four-wheel drive vehicles, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, dune buggies, trail bikes, mini-bikes and every other mechanically-driven means of transportation.

I have heard that the back trails of Death Valley are for street legal vehicles only. Jeeps vs quads, etc. Just wondering about motorcycles. The street legal dual purpose type? Anyone know? Thanks.......... :)

Yep, got to have a street plate. There is a big get together of dual sports heading to DV later this month. I'll be draggin my DR to Big Nend NP next week, same rules and great riding. I have a KX250 MX'r that I managed to get a plate on, it an all out motocrosser, and it qualifies as legal (for sale!). Bring that machine to Big Bend, ride the river road!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is my DR in the back, next to the world's ugliest KLR, on the river road in Big Bend last January.
794011454_sPZ8N-M.jpg

Thanks everyone!!!!

I got an 09 DR 650 last year. Have had several trips on it. Lots of fun. Thought it would be fun to drag down to DV to explore where the truck can't go!!

IM002143.jpg

Thanks everyone!!!!

I got an 09 DR 650 last year. Have had several trips on it. Lots of fun. Thought it would be fun to drag down to DV to explore where the truck can't go!!

IM002143.jpg

Let me know if you want any company and I'll drag mine over there. I know this is a truck forum but to me a bike is sooo much better on the rough roads. Where the truck is bouncing around at slow speed the bike can just fly along. I guess the truck can carry more twinkies and bacon.

Let me know if you want any company and I'll drag mine over there. I know this is a truck forum but to me a bike is sooo much better on the rough roads. Where the truck is bouncing around at slow speed the bike can just fly along. I guess the truck can carry more twinkies and bacon.

Deal!!!! :cool:

We were there this spring on are BIG BAD Honda CT's,had a ball.....

Attachments

• DSCN0236.JPG
    DSCN0236.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN0217.JPG
    DSCN0217.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 142
We were there this spring on are BIG BAD Honda CT's,had a ball.....

Those were awesome bikes!!! I think Honda made a big mistake discontinuing them. Especially where gas is going right now!!!

Back
Top Bottom