DV visit begins soon

Lighthawk

Weekend warrior
Fellow soakers and explorers may spot our tundra/hawk in DV starting as soon as tomorrow. We're leaving a day earlier hoping to beat the storms.

We've got plans to lounge around SV for a few days then plan to do some hikes near South Pass, or possibly Lippincott or maybe Steele Pass area.

If you see us, give a wave hello!
Merry Christmas!

Lighthawk said:
Thanks! We might try the Ubehebe trail on Digionette's book.
That is a fun hike. We parked at the Bonanza Prospect, found the trail, hiked up over the crest and then cross country to intersect the Lippincott Road. We walked back down Lippincott to the truck. Should have it all to yourselves. :)

Maybe it won't be long before I can do a Christmas trip like that. I think its likely this will be our last family Christmas given the health of my mom and dad.

ski3pin said:
That is a fun hike. We parked at the Bonanza Prospect, found the trail, hiked up over the crest and then cross country to intersect the Lippincott Road. We walked back down Lippincott to the truck. Should have it all to yourselves. :)
That's the concept. ;)

Have a great time! I was just there and the North Pass Road was in great shape. I also heard from another camper that the Lippincott pass was also in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom