E. Sierras By Way My Way

Marc

Fire Proof
Decided to make a break for the E. Sierras with the road dog, aka Dylan and spent some time in the Hills and Bristle Cones. The first shot is from 395 @ 65 mph and shows how much snow their still is. Next is the campsite for the night, followed by some nice rigs and early sunrise.

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 269
  • 083.JPG
    083.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 313
  • 072.JPG
    072.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 357
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 402
  • 088.JPG
    088.JPG
    84.7 KB · Views: 369
Early morning found us greeted by an awesome sunrise and after a short hike we were off in search of Bristle cones

Attachments

• 087.JPG
    087.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 215
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 251
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 267
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    121.7 KB · Views: 258
Just past Sierra Viewpoint the snow gate was still closed. We attempted to hike the remaing miles but after trudging through 10-24" of snow and making poor time we decided to turn around and find a spot to settle in for the night. Found a great place to boon it just below SVP. Here are a few more shots. Campsite for the night, GPS showing elevation, Dylan guarding the goods, Me guarding the goods from Dylan. All in all a great get away. :cool:

marc

Attachments

• 054.JPG
    054.JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 047.JPG
    047.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 267
  • 058.JPG
    058.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 255
  • 062.JPG
    062.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 233
Just past Sierra View Point the snow gate was still closed. We attempted to hike the remaing miles but after trudging through 10-24" of snow and making poor time we decided to turn around and find a spot to settle in for the night. Found a great place to boon it just below SVP. Here are a few more shots. Campsite for the night, GPS showing elevation, Dylan guarding the goods, Me guarding the goods from Dylan. All in all a great get away. :cool:

marc

I really like the White Mountains and those old, old trees. The camping is mighty high, though.

Thanks for the images!

What a small world, the last picture in the first post is of Bill Johnson's Tacoma with what used to be our Eagle on it. Can't miss the bike rack, the black folding stool we gave them, or the camper tie downs. Did you get chance to talk to them?

Looks like a good trip Marc. That tan Sportsmobile is my dream rig *drool*

Aaron, the guy who owned that one is Rob. He gave me a tour of it, real, real nice and well thought out. You can have one like it for a $110.000. :eek:

How far down 395 is the turn off? Been thinking of heading that way myself. Have a four day weekend coming up.

What a small world, the last picture in the first post is of Bill Johnson's Tacoma with what used to be our Eagle on it. Can't miss the bike rack, the black folding stool we gave them, or the camper tie downs. Did you get chance to talk to them?

I noticed that immediately too DLN...how cool.

Great pics Marc...looks like an awesome trip.

Craig, you take 168 east off of 395 in Big Pine. That's about six hours from us. From there to where Marc camped is about another hour and a half of winding road, depending on conditions. That makes it doable for a four day weekend, but if you want to break it up, you could check out Alabama Hills along the way.

Looks like a good trip Marc. That tan Sportsmobile is my dream rig *drool*

DD can have the SMB. I'll take the imported 70 series Landcruiser. That's hawt... Saw one just like it in Kofa NWR last November -

748659988_vfkdx-M.jpg

Love the pics Marc. I gotta figure out how I keep missing this area everytime I'm on 395 around Lone Pine... I know it's there somewhere (and some hot springs too) but I've never found it on my own. :(

Marc, Great photos and trip. Thanks! The White Mountains and the bristlecones are a great place to visit as is the high altitude research center later when the snow is gone. And every Alabama Hills photo I see makes me want to go back!

Back
Top Bottom