Eagle/Boat seating

jimandsue60

Advanced Member
I needed to remove the couch/bed and storage below for more floor space to store our inflatable boat and motor. I still needed seating inside for when the weather was bad. I had recently added an external frame to our inflatable so I could have more comfy seating. I was able to adapt the boat seating to work for the camper seating. Here are a couple of pictures. The aluminum tubes, seat mounts and mounting brackets came from http://www.nrsweb.com/. The seats dismount in a couple of minutes and the aluminum supports fold in out of the way towards the window.

Jim

3713898438_3ae6339da4.jpg

3713900066_3c41bdfc94.jpg

Jim, I have been going through your pictures and enjoying them very much, especially because we have either visited many of the same places or plan to go there in the future. Thanks for making them available.

Have you described your rig on this web site? It would be interesting to many, especially me, though you have a large RV somewhat outside the scope of what is usually discussed herein. John D

Thanks all for the comments.

John D, I thought I had given a description of being full timers and being long time truck campers when I first joined up. The Eagle is our 5th truck camper along with a 5th wheel and 2 motorhomes. We are both retired and travel year round.

Our rig is a 40 foot Winnebago towing a mini cooper or the S-10 with the Eagle. Some times we also carry a Polaris RZR depending on where we are. We can also pull the RZR with the truck camper if we choose. We can park the big rig in a commercial rv park and take off into the back country with the Eagle for a couple of nites to get our camping feel back. Here are a couple of photos.

Thanks
Jim

2458287360_bf965a23d1.jpg

2431622944_2e388ac201.jpg

Jim,

You probably introduced your rig but I missed it. My fault. I don't read everything on this forum. I have a buddy who dreams of your RV lifestyle. Funny thing about him, he does not like Class A coaches. (I strongly disagree with him and we enjoy arguing about it.) His ideal is a long nose Kenworth based motor home. I sent him the notice you posted about steering problems, thinking it would apply to his over the road tractor based RV ideal. Somehow, he knew it was a Class A. Obviously, he is way deeper into large RVs than I am.

Though I don't see myself full timing, I think it is ideal. How do you like it? Do you ever think you will go back to part time, from a home base?

I am retired military, so I know about Selfridge Air Force Base which has a camp ground on Lake St. Clair. This is near you. Right now would be a good time for us to be camping on that spot.

John D

That's a train.

Thanks all for the comments.

John D, I thought I had given a description of being full timers and being long time truck campers when I first joined up. The Eagle is our 5th truck camper along with a 5th wheel and 2 motorhomes. We are both retired and travel year round.

Our rig is a 40 foot Winnebago towing a mini cooper or the S-10 with the Eagle. Some times we also carry a Polaris RZR depending on where we are. We can also pull the RZR with the truck camper if we choose. We can park the big rig in a commercial rv park and take off into the back country with the Eagle for a couple of nites to get our camping feel back. Here are a couple of photos.

Thanks
Jim

2458287360_bf965a23d1.jpg

2431622944_2e388ac201.jpg

I'd be happy with just the caboose. :thumb:

Jim,

I finally got through all your photos on Flickr. They are all very good. I am trying to think of a good comment and can't sum up everything in one short sentence. So, I give up. Best thing is to roll myself.

You would enjoy the Oregon California Trails Association. Their convention is in Colorado this year. Looking at all your RV pictures have me smelling the great mountain air in my mind already. Friends just returned from camping and a photo trip in the Rocky Mountain National Park ...

John D

Back
Top Bottom