Eagle clearances on Tacoma?

BobD

I've ordered an Eagle for my 2010 Tacoma and I'm considering installing a tonneau cover while the camper isn't in the truck. Can someone please tell me the bed clearances on an Eagle (above the side rails, and the sides of the bed at the rear)? Appreciate all the knowledge and information available here. We're counting down the days to pick it up. Thanks in advance.

Bob

There is almost no clearance between the top of the trucks bed sides and the camper. If you added a tonneau cover you would need to build a platform for the camper to sit on to raise it so it would have the needed clearance on the bedsides.

Thanks Nathanael, that's what I was afraid of. It's hard to judge from just pictures. There is a Truxedo Lo-Pro tonneau that sits level with the side rails but I'm not sure of the side to side clearance. How much wiggle room is there at the back of the box?

BTW I've been following your build over on EP and taking notes and making bookmarks. Good luck with your build!

This is a very cool group to be "drinking the kool-aid" with. :Þ

Very little/no extra clearance side to side as well. If I had the camper on the truck I would tack some photos to show you.

When I went to pick up my camper I had the Tacoma bed cleats on the bedside rail. They had to come off, no chance of them fitting with the camper on, even the small ones would not have fit.

BTW I've been following your build over on EP and taking notes and making bookmarks. Good luck with your build!

Thanks.

More progress happening on the build this weekend.

Well I guess that's it for the tonneau plan. Thanks Nathanael. Looking forward to the updates. Have a good weekend.

Back
Top Bottom