Eagle FWC "Camper Boat" pontoon.

buckland

Site Team
I know this may seem nuts but I have always wanted to boat camp. In the Temagami lake in Ontario I saw a ton of"cabins" built on a pontoon boat and as the Lake is huge it is quite possible to find a nice cove and anchor or tie up to shore. Bingo a remote waterfront paradise. Swimming, fishing ...sitting back watching the moon come up on the water.

Well I thought I could figure out a way to drop my Eagle on a pontoon boat and tow behind the truck to a big river or big lakes... intercoastal waterway etc

I was wondering if any WTW folks have tried it.... I came across a photo and apparently I am not the first to think of this...It seems it could be great ...expand the adventure!!!!

Attachments

• Image 10-15-21 at 4.42 PM.JPG
    Image 10-15-21 at 4.42 PM.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 132
buckland said:
I know this may seem nuts but I have always wanted to boat camp. In the Temagami lake in Ontario I saw a ton of"cabins" built on a pontoon boat and as the Lake is huge it is quite possible to find a nice cove and anchor or tie up to shore. Bingo a remote waterfront paradise. Swimming, fishing ...sitting back watching the moon come up on the water.

Well I thought I could figure out a way to drop my Eagle on a pontoon boat and tow behind the truck to a big river or big lakes... intercoastal waterway etc

I was wondering if any WTW folks have tried it.... I came across a photo and apparently I am not the first to think of this...It seems it could be great ...expand the adventure!!!!
Let us know this works out for you.
Pictures also,a must.

How long can you tread water?
Frank

I think I'll call this the Poseidon Adventure" ... or "Water World"... See I could be a millionaire with this idea ... drive in... bing bang bong (not that kind).. transferred to a seaworthy craft and off ya go.... "wander the water" (WTW).... This has all been copy righted ....
Get in line!

buckland said:
I think I'll call this the Poseidon Adventure" ... or "Water World"... See I could be a millionaire with this idea ... drive in... bing bang bong (not that kind).. transferred to a seaworthy craft and off ya go.... "wander the water" (WTW).... This has all been copy righted ....
Get in line!
Me thinks you have been "stranded" inside too long during the COVID.

Are you looking for investors?

Have fun with it.Nice to dream.
Frank

I sure would like to talk to one of them instead of reinventing the boat…. Weight distribution, motor size, best length, install/removal process etc…..
I see it as doable but would love guidance from experience. There seems to be a good second hand market at affordable prices especially as I would strip the deck and put my own pilot station in front/mid the rest is for deck chairs!

My mini diesel truck can tow 7000 lbs. it might just work.
Thanks for encouragement
Rob

A little back history. I live near the Canadian Border so often drive to Quebec or Ontario Provinces (Glorious). Pre Covid I had arranged to visit the maker of the houseboat ( I am a woodworkers so was interested in his cabin design)...

This trip obviously was canceled as the border closed and I thought oh well... then saw the FWC on a pontoon boat and thought that would be a faster and more versatile combo.

Here is his creation https://tinyhousefor.us/house-boats/daigno-le-koroc/

and a photo attached

Attachments

• Houseboat.jpg
    Houseboat.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 65
I think maybe my financial level is more this

Attachments

• IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 55
I've shelved this idea for further consideration ...perhaps in the next go-round.
I have enough troubles ... but if I was 30 years younger I might have considered it do-able.
Just back from a 6 day jaunt to Chesapeake Bay... blue crab is delicious. They had real bad flooding and a number of parks closed requiring stealth camping... they did not bother to post it on the webpage.

Back
Top Bottom