Earth Day is Today

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
I remember the first Earth Day well. I was a senior in high school and so full of hope. Now 50 years later...............it is quite a mixed bag, isn't it?

We planted several trees in the high school quad, hoping they would absorb some of the greater LA area smog. I will say, though...air quality, while not great, is MUCH BETTER than when I was growing up. Gotta keep working!

Amen to that Frank....yet I still feel like screaming... being an old math teacher it is REAL hard not extrapolate where we are going if we don't act radical real soon...once it is gone... we can't ask for a second chance. Like the old cartoon a guy mad about the cost of it all: "What if climate change is a hoax...and we had to make a better world for nothing?!"

ski3pin said:
I remember the first Earth Day well. I was a senior in high school and so full of hope. Now 50 years later...............it is quite a mixed bag, isn't it?
I wasn’t a senior, but was in school. I remember going on a trash patrol around the school neighborhood, complete with Jonny Horizon trash bags. I thought by end of the 70’s we had environmental conservation figured out. I was wrong.

Wandering Sagebrush said:
A mixed bag it is.

We have met the enemy, they is us... Pogo
Sure got that right Steve! Gee, 50 years ago, I'd been out of the Army for a while, worked some and had just taken the big step of going to school to get my BA on the GI bill. Those were the days :cool: !

Smoke

Back
Top Bottom