Eastern Sierra Fall Color Trip

dorocks

Took about a week and went up many canyons into the Sierra on a color hunt. Used a guide they hand out at gas stations and ranger's offices. Color varied as the peak was over in some places. Also went to Alabama Hills, Devil's Postpile, Bodie, the Law's Museum in Bishop, Museum of Western Film History, and Fossil Falls. Most campgrounds closed but we suffered by boondocking all by ourselves. Camping just below Sonora pass was cool. Some but not all pictures edited and posted so far. https://keithbarnes.smugmug.com/Vacation/Eastern-Sierra-Fall-Color-Trip/

Looks like you had a great time in the Lance, Keith. We were there too.
We spent time in Green Creek, Twin Lakes and also near Sonora Pass.
Nice photos on Smugmug.

I did get delayed a bit to get some new front brakes in Bishop. Glad I did with all the grades. 26 degree grade on Sonora Pass.

Keith, looks like you two had a very nice fall colors trip! Thanks for letting us have a glimpse too! :)

We were finally able to getaway this past weekend for a quick trip. Colors were well past the peak but it's always fun to spend time on the east side. :)

Not sure what I saw. Got up the hill late when the office was closed. Thought I was seeing some bristlecones. But we did not have a lot of time to hike to things. Had to find a remote spot to camp.

Back
Top Bottom