Eastern Washington

clikrf8

Hubby and I are leaving Monday June 11 for a 10 days or so in Eastern Washington. We will take the North Cascades Hwy over, wander our way to the Palouse region for some photography, visit hubby's cousin in St. Maries, ID then wander our way back home. Any place any of you could recommend for photography? We have shot Palouse Falls, Steamboat Rock/Dry Falls area, Lake Omak and may revisit. I saw a cool weathered old farmhouse hidden in some trees near Odessa from Amtrak train so will head over there. I thought Sanpoil river would be interesting (south of Republic). There is also a free ferry across lake Roosevelt. We like out of the way places where no one else is. We shoot just about anything that is scenic like marshes, canyons, rock formations, old farmhouses/barns, etc.

The east side has national forests and BLM land so camping shouldn't be a problem. Any suggestions for favorite campgrounds?

We can't wait.

You lost me at Sedro-Woolley, or sooner. I don't know the area so I can't make any photography recommendations, but it sounds like a terrific trip and I would love to see some pictures.
Enjoy.

Looking forward to the pics!

Not a ton to add other than if you're needing camping around Odessa I've camped at twin lakes in the past (hunting) and they've got a outhouse there, not sure how much attention it gets during the summer but I'd imagine mid week it'll probably be empty. There is a bunch of public land there with Buttes to check out. Pop "47.531162,-118.5058" into google to see the camping area.

north of Spokane you can head out highway 395 towards Colvile take Tiger pass back toward highway 2, couple of little lakes and campgrounds to explore, the back way around lake CDA towards St Maries is also real senic, if you want to explore some old mining towns head east on 90 towards Kellog ID.

Back
Top Bottom