Eccotemp L5 Tankless Hot Water Heater SOLD

frosty_1

Advanced Member
As the title says, I've got an Eccotemp L5 Tankless Propane Hot Water Heater for sale. Brand new, unopened box. Purchased for $120 originally, will sell for $60. Located in Portland OR. Will ship on your dime.

I just read this post and started looking at similar propane heaters, including the Camp Chef Triton.

My 07 Hawk doesn't have a water heater and I'd like to have one, but when I bought the camper the owner said someone had looked at it but didn't buy it because a hot water heater couldn't be installed.

My camper has the factory installed icebox, two burner cooktop and sink on the driver's side.

Anyone know why a FWC style water heater couldn't be installed in an existing camper?

As far as these tankless heaters go, is anyone using one with their truck camper? If yes, how is it mounted?

There's another one out there, but it has limited use for over landing since you need to fill it with a pressurized hose. Rinsekit.com. I think i'm going to build one like the road shower. I made one before using a sceptre water tank that worked well, but sold it to a friend.

Joe

I like the simplicity of the road shower, but I have two issues.
1) Where would you mount it? To get full sun exposure for solar/passive heating, a roof is about the only spot and that would seem to add a lot of weight to a camper.
2) I use my camper for fall hunting trips and would like something that would give me hot water in all weather conditions. Since the road shower uses passive heating and doesn't appear to be insulated, it Probably wouldn't work well in the Fall.

Like I said, I like the simple design but on the surface it just wouldn't work for me.

Thanks for the idea!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom