Engel MR040F Fridge on sale (sale over)

thisoldcamper

I've been waiting for these to go on sale and it finally happened. Normally $849 on sale for $637.
https://www.amazon.com/Engel-MR040F-U1-Marine-Fridge-Freezer/dp/B001SNWCFO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1526907425&sr=8-2&keywords=engel+fridge

It should arrive Wednesday. :)
818j0mfd8xL._SL1500_.jpg

Wow, I love this place. Wife and I have been talking about getting one of these for months. Boom, coming Friday!

Amazon says mine will be here Thursday............they're usually off by a day

Thanks Camper, I've been looking into them and had almost decided to get the Engel mt45, $200 off is a good decision maker

I got mine yesterday, off by a day in the opposite direction of normal.

I immediately unpacked it and plugged it into 110V, after 2 hrs it was down to 0degrees. WOW, the moise from it is a fairly low frequency and not very loud.

I then moved my truck close er to my door and moved it to the camper, I will be redoing some of my custom shelving because its a bit taller than the cooler i use.

I set the temp control to about 1 and will check it and its power usage over time to see how it does.

Hi there thisoldcamper
We really like ours, I used their mounting bracket, if you do put a safety strap as ours popped out on dirt roads.
Russ

Question for owners of the Engel MR040F-U1:

I have been looking for a portable refrigerator to put behind the center console of my clubcab pickup. I had previously narrowed my choice down to the Norcold NRF30 based on size, weight and capacity but would appreciate your thoughts on using this model Engel in my application. I ask because the performance reviews of the Norcold are not as good as the Engel or Dometic refrigerators.

I am still thinking it would be too heavy to easily lift in and out of the truck cab when even partially full of food and beverages (it is a 2 door truck so I have to lift over the front seats and center console).

I do prefer the units like this Engel and the Norcold that open in the width direction instead of the length, else I would probably go with one of the Dometic models like the CFX28.

Regards,
Craig

Hello ckent323
That’s gunna be ruff even empty. If you leave in back say on passenger side the business end will be close to the door. Behind driver side would need to take care not to cover air circulation. Removing when loaded fugettaboutit.
Good equipment I think.

Russ

Sunday turned the TF on. Monday loaded it up with food. Nothing in the freezer is frozen. Cold but not even close to freezing. Turned it from a 3 where I've ran it for years to a five and didn't notice any improvement. Rest of fridge is the same. Cold but not really cold. Unfortunately my fridge thermometer is missing. I'll pick up another later today. Not sure if its running continuously but I haven't seen it not running yet when I"ve checked it.

Camper is plugged in so its seeing 13.6 volts. Its always seemed like an energy hog even after doing the smart upgrade. I like the convenience of a front loader though.

Hey Craig, are you talking about a TruckFridge?
I got my Engel Fridge/Freezer the other day and in reading the instructions it says to operate it at regular intervals if being stored and suggests that you use it as a second freezer or fridge during those periods. It sounds like they're saying that running it 24/7 is preferred.

Well its dead now. It'll be a icebox this weekend. Probably just a freon leak since the compressor runs. Hopefully a refer repair person can fix it up.

Just checked the Engels link and the price has gone back up to $849.99. I'm sure that they'll be back on sale again, but this one is over.

Back
Top Bottom