Escape Velocity Achieved

Cayuse

Wednesday I turned in my keys and fob t my place of employment for the past 27+ years then went and finished cleaning out and packing up my apartment. Thursday was load the truck and checkout of the apartment then a quick stop at the storage unit and head over to pick up my trailer that is loaded inside and on top for the next phase of the journey.

Trailer attached my final two stops in Spokane were a local coffee roast house for a pound of one of their blends and one of my favorite brew pubs for a growler fill. I'm now in low-Spokane orbit for the weekend in north Idaho until the holiday traffic clears and to take care of some family things.

If all goes as planned I'll be exiting this area Tuesday morning and heading for Arizona. I've wanted to be in the desert for many years but life had other plans and now is the time. Looking forward to a new chapter of life, finding a new job and continuing to explore the southwest.

Cheers!
Bob

Hi Bob
Looks like you'll have a 360' view if the desert south west for a while. If you come thru Vegas on the way down give me a shout.
Russ

Thanks all.

I left a very smokey Sandpoint, ID on Tuesday the 5th and spent the first night at a somewhat clearer Clark Canyon Reservoir just south of Dillon Mt. The next day found me up and on the road early and I was able to get through SLC and do a morning conference call at a parking lot in Sandy, from there I went on to Boulder, UT then up over Hell's Backbone to Escalante. Since it was still a bit early I decided to drive partway down Cottonwood Canyon Rd to camp. I was going to hike the narrows but a rattler guarding the entrance dissuaded me.

A visit with friends who have started a glamping business outside of Kanab made for a short day on Thursday. Friday was a push into Mesa as there were storms in the forecast so I opted to arrive a day early. Been unpacking and moving boxes ever since. Between moving out of my place in Spokane and moving in here I feel like carrying boxes is about all I've done for the past couple weeks...

20170906_185051-L.jpg

Back
Top Bottom