Eureka No Bug Zone CT13

Machinebuilder

I have added a screen room to my gear.

I saw a couple people with a similar one and thought it was cool.

Sox my black dog, has been getting eaten up.
both dogs and i have learned its nice to have a place to hang out.

this one is a tarp with screen sides, no framework. it takes up about as much space as a 3 man tent.

2 thumbs up

Nome%20Creek%20Camp%202-M.jpg

Can you please send a link to that product. Just got back from Wyoming and was eaten alive in four states. Definitely in the market.

That screen room looks remarkably like the Nemo Bugout screen room that is no longer available.

How easy is it to set up?

Paul

We have the Nemo bug Out tent. Fairly easy set up but do need good tent peg placements. When the bugs are bad, these are great. Also, we use a Thermacell for buggy areas which works well when it is not windy or you do not have a sheltered place:
https://www.thermacell.com/how-it-works/fuel-powered?gclsrc=ds

My wife discovered the Thermacell whilst on an Alaskan river trip and we have been using these for years now. Do work well.

Great suggestions all! I also found this easy to set up unit.

https://www.amazon.com/EAST-OAK-Portable-Backyard-Activities/dp/B0B9LCR8V1/ref=rvi_sccl_1/136-9153074-5628725?pd_rd_w=spdHE&content-id=amzn1.sym.f5690a4d-f2bb-45d9-9d1b-736fee412437&pf_rd_p=f5690a4d-f2bb-45d9-9d1b-736fee412437&pf_rd_r=2TWW0WBSWJVH583Y6J98&pd_rd_wg=WT5A3&pd_rd_r=ea203f73-d05c-4985-b24c-56d7d7357f70&pd_rd_i=B0B9LCR8V1&th=1

I just ordered the Thermacell and will try this first. We don't often leave our camp set up for very long so one more thing to deploy and pack up is not ideal. If the Themacell doesn't do the trick we will be looking at one of these screen rooms for sure.

Thanks for all of the insight to potential remedies. This year the bugs are unbelievable. Just an 1 1/2 hour river fishing session left me with 62 bites. I forgot just how hard it is to find the eye of the fly with 5x tippet while being violently eaten alive!

Captain, Julie and I just returned from the area you visited. Yup, the skeeters and ticks were about. We are not immune but fairly tolerant to the blood sucking hordes. The thermocell was not perfect but made conditions ever more tolerable. We ate all our meals outside - except in pouring thunderstorm rain and hail. We use the larger camp unit that screws onto a separate fuel canister. Be advised it needs to be modified to work at higher elevations. I posted on this awhile back here on WTW or on our blog.

ski3pin said:
Captain, Julie and I just returned from the area you visited. Yup, the skeeters and ticks were about. We are not immune but fairly tolerant to the blood sucking hordes. The thermocell was not perfect but made conditions ever more tolerable. We ate all our meals outside - except in pouring thunderstorm rain and hail. We use the larger camp unit that screws onto a separate fuel canister. Be advised it needs to be modified to work at higher elevations. I posted on this awhile back here on WTW or on our blog.
Thank you!

it is simalar to the Nemo, I was able to find the Eureka in Fairbanks.

I cut one pole and tied it between the camper and the pole, then tie out the other 2 corners and its usable.

If there are trees you could string it between 2 trees

ski3pin said:
Just returned from camping at two different lakes and put the Thermacell to the test. Lots of water moving and standing. I was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. I placed it on the table at the campsites or on the ground between our chairs while dispersed. If I walked away from the unit to the other side of the truck I was eaten alive. Once back into the protective zone of the Thermacell, the mosquitos left me and my wife alone. There was very little wind so whatever that thing was pumping out stayed around for our protection. I wish I had it in WY (worst mosquitos I have ever experienced) as that would have been the true test.

Attachments

• IMG_3196.jpg
    IMG_3196.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 57
Cpt Davenport said:
Just returned from camping at two different lakes and put the Thermacell to the test. Lots of water moving and standing. I was pleasantly surprised at its effectiveness. I placed it on the table at the campsites or on the ground between our chairs while dispersed. If I walked away from the unit to the other side of the truck I was eaten alive. Once back into the protective zone of the Thermacell, the mosquitos left me and my wife alone. There was very little wind so whatever that thing was pumping out stayed around for our protection. I wish I had it in WY (worst mosquitos I have ever experienced) as that would have been the true test.
We bought one last year, but hadn’t a chance to use it until last weekend. They really work!

We have been using the thermacells for a few yrs now. Another thing we always carry are the black mosquito coils. We used them on our Alaska trip last summer and always use them at our camp up north in Quebec. Aways set 1 on the bumper beside the camper door and spread a few more around . That's about the only thing that makes it possible to be outside at the camp. Well, that and a good bug coat!

Back
Top Bottom