Exciting new areas in southern Utah

Bosque Bill

There is a new adventure posted on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog.

These two parts are a bit longer than usual as there was really only one place to divide up the narrative. The title shows Utah in April, but in reality the first night is in northern NM and the last night is on May 1st.[SIZE=medium] There is a link at the bottom of Part 1 so you can jump right to Part 2.[/SIZE]

Spring Fling, Utah - April 2022: Part 1 - Featuring Burch Canyon & Lost Canyon
https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2022/05/spring-fling-ut-april-2022-part-1.html

Spring Fling, Utah - April 2022: Part 2 - Featuring Red Canyon
https://bosquebill.blogspot.com/2022/05/spring-fling-ut-april-2022-part-2.html

Remember, I strongly recommend you click on any photo for a larger version.
Once in the viewer you may use your arrow keys to navigate.

I also recommend once you get into the photo viewer in Part 2 you make your browser full screen as there are two spectacular landscapes that are twice as wide as the standard images.

I have noticed that Chrome will not always cooperate with the embedded panoramas hosted by Kuula. I have added a direct link above each in this post in case you have problems.

Once again a wonderful report and fantastic pictures!
we camped at Angel Peak on May 1st. I thought we were going to get blown into the canyon! Winds were reported with gusts of 57mph. Many time I thought of dropping the top but the camper held up great. We then went and spent 3 nights up around Bears Ears. Still windy and cold but beautiful as ever.
it’s too bad we didn’t cross paths!
Thanks again for sharing.

Thanks Bill nice trip report. I worked for the FS in 1979 for the summer at the old Kigalia Guard Station (burned down a several years ago) right at the Bears Ears. spent a lot of time in Texas Canyon, Woodenshoe Buttes, Dark Canyon but this particular area and roads I have not been too that I recall. Looks like a good place to ramble in the spring.

Great trip report and excellent photos, Bill. More fun places to explore!

Thanks Bill! We got to that area at the beginning of May and are just getting back home now. Missed the areas you went to, but Cedar Mesa was indeed beautiful. And WINDY!

Great trip, it's good to have a lot of 'favorites'. You probably can't have too many favorites!

Bill, thanks so much for the trip report. The photos and narrative are superb. We were close to a lot of these spots on our last trip to the area, but it looks like we need to go back and do a bit more exploring as we stayed a bit south of most of your route. It sure is a pretty slice of Utah.

Sagebrush, Frank, nowhere, ski, Taku, AWG, Vic, dr tucson, and Occidental: Thanks for your comments. Southern Utah is indeed full of wonderful places, though it's not as undiscovered as much as it used to be (just like everywhere else, I guess.)

JWL, yeah the first time in severe wind is scary, but these campers are strong. The next times are less scary, but still no fun at all.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom