Expo Mud Fest....Anyone care to fess up?

rotti

As I was futilely trying to remove the stickiest slop I have ever encountered from my boots this passed by. Oh the horror.... at least it took a deuce and a quarter to extricate it. Earth Roamers seemed totally unable to handle this stuff. That old military 6 wheeler drug several by.

cAtvVYJ.jpg

Now I can't say much as I fell in twice just trying to get to the portapots.

SjmCKjr.jpg

I did get out under my own power but it was a rock it back and forth and floor it type of stuck in snow situation. Thank goodness for the FWC, I noticed some had just left their tents behind mired in the mud.

WOwue8f.jpg

p8etWz7.jpg

I wish I could have a Geologist explain just what that stuff was....Satan's spawn I heard mentioned.

R5DcEkD.jpg

iMWU9oa.jpg

All in all though I had great time out there in the delta. The one thing i will remember is the five jeeps and trucks all daisy changed together pulling out a class A coach. A bunch a kids from a local 4wd club, I heard, having a ball.

rotti said:
Now I can't say much as I fell in twice just trying to get to the portapots.

SjmCKjr.jpg

I did get out under my own power but it was a rock it back and forth and floor it type of stuck in snow situation.
You never know when off road skills might be required.

I got out fine after the first night and moved to the NF. Even then people were spinning their tires and making it worse, slow and easy worked for me.

I picked up about 5# of mud on each foot heading to the john and back which is the main reason I moved.

I used to live on a steep dirt/clay road that would turn into the most incredible gumbo every winter. The mud would cling to everything, often packing the front wheel wells to the point where turning the wheels was impossible. Can't tell you how many times I would just park the truck at a certain point and walk the rest of the way, the mud clumping on my boots every step.

Back
Top Bottom