Exterior add on tool boxes

5outta6

After my last trip (with two dogs) I find I have to increase my 'storage' capacity.

I am altering the 6ft wide carrier I have on the rear of my truck and want to add a couple of truck boxes.

I see many 18" wide under bed truck boxes but the ones I've seen are only 18" tall.

Does anyone know of any boxes such as 18" wide, 17-18 " deep and taller than 18" ?

TIA

I think to find something like that you will have to look at the companies that build them for their swing out bumpers.

A underbed mount truck box will be limited to 18" due to ground clearance.
I have not seen and top mount boxes that are tall and narrow.

Machinebuilder said:
I think to find something like that you will have to look at the companies that build them for their swing out bumpers.

A underbed mount truck box will be limited to 18" due to ground clearance.
I have not seen and top mount boxes that are tall and narrow.
Yes, I have found that out. I am looking at 18 inch boxes (now) to mount on my carrier. One on each side . Here is a pic of my carrier that I made for when we had an RV. I couldn't lift the carrier until I removed the water saturated plywood....With the boxes, I most likely will have to remove the boxes to mount the carrier on the truck.....I have checked into swingout carriers but the one I have seen in my budget are cheaply built.
While the size of this carrier limits the roads and 'ditches' I can drive over, it works for me as well as protecting the rear of the camper.

Attachments

• truckcarrier20feb24.jpg
    truckcarrier20feb24.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom