Exterior Light Install

MakersTeleMark

Advanced Member
Got one of these to mount on the back of the camper for an exterior light. Any suggestions on the best way to install it?

1-9.jpg

Thanks in advance.

wow what is it? is it LED?

i would mimic the stock install. do ya already have the exterior lights?

wow what is it? is it LED?

i would mimic the stock install. do ya already have the exterior lights?

It's a Rigid Industries Dually Amber LED Floodlight. Sick little light.

I currently don't have an exterior light. I'm all set on wiring, I just wondering the best way to mount it on the outside. Drilling/mounting issues are my concern.

Can't really offer much as to how to mount. Best way to run wires after you drill hole in outside is to probably take off interior paneling. Looks like wiring harness is designed to go right to battery.

Where did you find this light? How may amps? How much? Inquiring minds want to know!

Should work out great.

I should have searched before asking about light. Found info. Looking forward to hearing how it works.

Mounted it up yesterday, along with 2 interior LED fixtures and switched the 2 bulbs in the ceiling lights to LED's as well. I'll post up pics when I get some free time. Went smoothly.

To answer the questions, it's a 1978 Grandby. Not much in the way of existing wiring. Just one set to the heater, which has been replaced, another to the lights on the ceiling. I've wired everything else myself, including the 85w solar setup. Running a bluetop Optima. While I've never had power issues, it's nice to reduce draw. Once it gets really cold, I expect to be pushing the limits of the panel and battery.

Edit for pics from yesterday:

1) The exterior scene setting up for camping. I've got a speaker mounted that pivots to face outside so I can hear tunes.

2) Where I chose to mount the light.

Attachments

• IMG_3475.JPG
    IMG_3475.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 442
  • IMG_3476.JPG
    IMG_3476.JPG
    217.8 KB · Views: 444
3) The switch panel, with 12v output, and 2 battery voltmeter. You can also see the mp3 player interface which connects to a 800w amp under the cabinet.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.JPG
    IMG_3477.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 218
4) The amber led light under the cabinet on the rh side.

5) The amber led disc under the fold down for the double bed.

Attachments

• IMG_3478.JPG
    IMG_3478.JPG
    279.5 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_3479.JPG
    IMG_3479.JPG
    81.1 KB · Views: 228
6) The led swap for the lights on the ceiling. They are very bright (never need more than one on) and put out a sweet pure, not blue, light at much lower draw than the originals.

7) The other one. Don't know why I took it.

Attachments

• IMG_3480.JPG
    IMG_3480.JPG
    156.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 185
8) A blurry pic of the other kicker speaker, the pure sine wave inverter, and the switch panel. One switch controls the MP3 system, the other the interior amber LED's, and the 3rd, the exterior flood.

Finally done replying. Now I'm praying for snow. 3 nights in pretty cold weather and I needed to get the rig out of there for fear of being snowed in for 4 nights. I'm heading back up in the morning if there is some decent snow.

Attachments

• IMG_3482.JPG
    IMG_3482.JPG
    176.4 KB · Views: 191
Whats that warning sign?

Air Force installation warning sign. Hopefully makes folks think twice before messing with the camper.

And the award for best bumper stickers on a 1980's Granby goes too.....MakersTeleMark!

Can we get a close up of the Air Force warning sign pleaze? ;)

And the award for best bumper stickers on a 1980's Granby goes too.....MakersTeleMark!

Can we get a close up of the Air Force warning sign pleaze? ;)

It's a 1978 thank you. Still rocking from the '70's. And do you mean the one above the Women's sign that says:

2_large.jpg

No, actually I meant the one of the driver's side of the camper, but I am now laughing my ass off, while rolling around on the floor so it doesn't really matter. Love the oatmeal, have never seen that one. I can't get the vajay-jay squadron image out of my mind now.

Sorry, should have picked up on those 70's tastic vibes. Just goes to show how damn well those campers are built.

Back
Top Bottom