Exterior Refurb: Painted to Match Truck

nevadamerica

Advanced Member
Moved the camper into the garage, and somewhat following SLO250's lead, decided to take on painting my Ranger II, and to have it match my Tundra. Some before and during pix here. Did the roof too, and while its apart, I'm think I'm going to route my solar through somewhere. Also will do some stripes and trim tonight, then reassemble. So far, so good?

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21515]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21516]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21517]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21518]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21519]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21520]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21521]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21522]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21523]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21524]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21525]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21526]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21527]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21528]

wvtradbow said:
Looks GREAT,can't wait to see it on the truck....
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21565]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21566]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21567]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21568]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:21569]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439409457.197130.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439409457.197130.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 442
Routed solar through my fantastic vent. For those who have earlier campers and no good way of routing solar, this could be an option. I got tired of working around the outside wiring real quick. Will post pics when I get home.

That does look really SHARP... I kind of wish I'd painted mine to match my truck...

just found this post... was totally inquiring about painting mine with plasti dip..lots of people didn't think it was a good idea but I was already outside painting hahah. i like plasti dip and it will allow me to peal it off to sale.. I have had my tires plasti dip for a while and is extremely durable so I totally went for it! yours looks rad! i am digging mine too still have to put the corner mounts back

60toyetero said:
just found this post... was totally inquiring about painting mine with plasti dip..lots of people didn't think it was a good idea but I was already outside painting hahah. i like plasti dip and it will allow me to peal it off to sale..
Looks rad! Definitely considered plasti dip when doing mine. I "like" plasti dip. There's a bunch on my truck. Definitely durable and cheap, but just decided on paint because it had been "tested", and is a more exact match. Hows yours holding up? I'm sure it's fine, Did you do the roof? I also considered touching up down the road, and the color match paint is an easy way, as is plasti dip, because I'm sure they will both get chips here and there and all over. PS, I think I'll always have a grey truck, just can't look much better! Cheers.

I just did mine yesterday so I won't know how is holding up for a while but like is said my wheels are holding up great and they get much more hits than the camper will. touch up with plasti dip be great as it will with touch up. how did you get inside the window frame? hell of a taping job.. that be my only concern with the paint. I am so freaking anal I would have to take the whole camper apart so I could do it with paint and get all the cracks with the black i could just shoot my paint in without worrying about painting the window frame sense is black too and when dried you can't even tell it went over the window. I do dig the truck color match though it becomes one unit.. dig it

Back
Top Bottom