Eye bolt installation backing plate

Mderou

Advanced Member
Hi All,

Does anyone happen to have any pics of the backing plate used for eye bolts in the bed? I was planning on using my truck anchor points, but evidently the eye bolts are the way to go. I don't see them on FWC website, or their how-to video on youtube. Are they steel or aluminum, rough depth and maybe overall dimensions? I have a lot of plate at home and figured I will make my own.
TIA

Mderou said:
Hi All,

Does anyone happen to have any pics of the backing plate used for eye bolts in the bed? I was planning on using my truck anchor points, but evidently the eye bolts are the way to go. I don't see them on FWC website, or their how-to video on youtube. Are they steel or aluminum, rough depth and maybe overall dimensions? I have a lot of plate at home and figured I will make my own.
TIA
Aluminum, 1/4” plate. As big as you can easily fit, mine are roughly 3” x 6”

I had an eyebolt break on the stem, and so lost the backing plate. Using my remaining three for spec, I ordered matching aluminum and eyebolt from McMaster Carr:

3/16" x 3" x 6" 6061 8975K85
Eyebolt: 3014T471

Could be that different FWC installers use different dimension of aluminum.

This is on a Tundra. Placement of the backing plates is important; they want to be in a place where there is a reinforced structure. My pal put his plates in less secure places, and they have completely torn open the bed.

Thank you for this, especially the links. Will go order some up.

Charlie said:
I had an eyebolt break on the stem, and so lost the backing plate. Using my remaining three for spec, I ordered matching aluminum and eyebolt from McMaster Carr:

3/16" x 3" x 6" 6061 8975K85
Eyebolt: 3014T471

Could be that different FWC installers use different dimension of aluminum.

This is on a Tundra. Placement of the backing plates is important; they want to be in a place where there is a reinforced structure. My pal put his plates in less secure places, and they have completely torn open the bed.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom