Eye bolts

telebrewer

Advanced Member
Does anyone know where to buy all one piece eye bolts? I'm using the ones that are wrapped around to make the eye and they pulling apart. Mega Depot doesn't have them. Anyone? Thanks...

shoulder eyebolts and washers

Be sure to ask for galvanized (or stainless) shoulder eye bolts with washers. If by "wrapped around to make the eye" you mean something like the first picture, that will not do. You definitely want a shoulder eye bolt as seen in the second picture. You should be able to get them with large washers (something like 2 inches square and 3/16 inch thick) to help spread out the load on the sheet metal of your pickup bed. Each shoulder eye bolt should have 2 washers - one on top of the bed and one under the bed.

Besides marine supply stores, specialty tool and/or specialty supply stores can get them. I'm sure there are many places in you neck of woods that if they don't carry them, can get them in a day or two.

Attachments

• eye-bolt-bent-wire-with-nut.gif
    eye-bolt-bent-wire-with-nut.gif
    1.8 KB · Views: 332
  • base_media.jpg
    base_media.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 324
www.boltdepot.com they even have the eyebolts in stainless. Someone on this site recommened them. I bought all of my stainless replacement screws from them.

Back
Top Bottom