EZLite Pop up campers?.....new brand to me?

Not too impressed with their website. No pictures of actual campers, just Floorplan drawings?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Wander The West mobile app

This tells me all I need to know...Photo from their web site.

wood.jpg

poriggity said:
Not too impressed with their website. No pictures of actual campers, just Floorplan drawings?
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Wander The West mobile app
Plenty of photos on the site

billharr said:
Looks like a wood construction camper. Not sure I would want to take that off road.
EZ lite seems more like a mom and pop shop, which is not a bad thing. Product looks like a decent, basic camper. Which is all some folks need/want. I know people who own wood framed campers, both pop up and hard sided and they have no issue taking them off road, provided its not TOO far off road. What I've noticed over the years is that you hardly ever see a wood framed camper over say about 15 yr old for sale, whereas you often see twenty, twenty five year old or even thirty year old FWC's for sale. If longevity is a driving factor in one's purchase then ATC or FWC is clearly the way to go. If however you want a basic camper to drive to the lake, take down a non washboard dirt road, then that camper might work for you.

Build times for both FWC and ATC are insane. Twenty weeks for FWC and 12-15 for ATC. Which tells me that the product is good, and there should be room for another company to step in and make a similar, perhaps more basic camper.

Couple of the few selling points of wood is....its warm, and quite easy to repair, as you don't need to be a welder. Also, you could build your own with a few power tools, which I would love to do, if I could figure out a decent roof lift mechanism that a normal human being could design and install.

This dude is building his own pop up camper and selling "plans" but they are more like a motivational pep talk than actual plans. His new roof lift is....well, shall we just say, "interesting".

I keyed in on the wood construction too, which is NOT what I'd want. Also, there doesn't appear to be a "Shell" option. It's ATC/FWC for me.

Northstar campers are made of wood and they are as good as any camper on the market. you dont find too many used because like fwc owners tend to keep them a long time. they too are made to last..

The Alaskans are wood too.

Every once in a while a 40 year old Alaskan pops up for sale.

Good Wood Campers aren't bad.

This company though is a fair bit more expensive that the more proven ATC/FWC builds. That is the major downside.

I would think a well built wood camper should be fine. Wood is very strong and I would think more forgiving than some welds and aluminum might be. I have seen instances of broken welds on aluminum campers. I really like that wood doesn't sweat and I really like that aluminum doesn't rot. Hmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom