F-150 arrived

WjColdWater

Call came yesterday that my new truck was delivered. Total order to delivery an amazing 24 days! Just in time for a statewide stay home order from our governor. Not sure how and when it will be in my possession. No worries it’s not going anywhere. :) This will be my last truck for several years to come. It’s primary use will be to carry a FWC Grandby and tow a 519vx Ranger. The super cab will be great for our golden retriever and two humans. Truck specs F-150 XLT with HDP package, 5.0L, 10 speed, 3.73 axle, 4x4 with locking rear differential, 36 gal, tow package, brake controller, nav, 40/console/40 seating, 7850GVWR, 2760 payload, composite running boards, tailgate step, magnetic body color. Magnetic is a spot on match of our Grandby. I chose the F-150 based on our needs and it will clear a 8’ door with the FWC aboard.
27-E6-C39-C-0-F51-4676-A8-FE-EF34-EB3-E11-AD.jpg

3-D85-A790-5-CEE-4337-AFE8-9-AE15-EC5095-C.jpg

408-FB27-F-F7-E7-4724-A6-DD-59486-A13-F5-DB.jpg

Hopefully we will get through this virus emergency soon. Be safe and help anyway that you can to contain and protect you and others.
Wayne

Great looking truck. I have also been looking at the F 150. Please let us know what made you decide to go with the 5.0. I ask because I can't decide on which motor choose.

Ramblinman said:
Great looking truck. I have also been looking at the F 150. Please let us know what made you decide to go with the 5.0. I ask because I can't decide on which motor choose.
My current F-150/3.5/10 speed is a awesome setup. So the motor change to the 5.0 was a tough decision. My neighbor is a farm implement dealer and a total ford nut. He trades his fleet every three years and has had all the ford motors. The 5.0 on his F-150’s have been a real workhorse with excellent durability and dependability. My FWC dealer also likes the old school V-8. One member on this site has over 100K on a 5.0 with a Grandby aboard and is very happy with his choice. The 5.0 has more hp but, slightly lower torque. I think for my use the 5.0 was the best choice. I look forward in sharing all the performance on this combo will you guys. This truck was a major investment and I’m excited to get the camper and my Ranger on the road.

Bill D said:
Very nice truck. It will look beautiful with the silver spur fibrerglass FWC
Thank you and your right on the color. The siding is smooth aluminum. :)

Back
Top Bottom