fabric sticks out after lowering top

DonC

For many years I’ve always had a little of the pop-up material stick up on the passenger side front after lowering. No big deal to just slightly raise the roof and tuck it in. More recently I’ve been getting material all along the front and this is much more difficult to tuck-in.

I always have the camper door open and have new tight bungee’s in the inside front and back.

Any reason what this would all of a sudden start happening in the front?

Attachments

• IMG_2825.jpeg
    IMG_2825.jpeg
    19.8 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_8354.jpeg
    IMG_8354.jpeg
    24.7 KB · Views: 97
Check to make sure the attachment between the soft side and lift panel is good. It is possible to stress these and cause them to fail. A windy day can cause the soft side not to tuck. I have had a front corner not fold properly. I just raised the roof and the lowered it.

Try this
With the bungees in place, shut all the windows and the door, then turn on the exhaust fan to high. the fan will suck in the sides, lower the front slowly, then lower the rear. Shut the fan off, close the hatch and then step out and secure the clips. Works for me 100% of the fabric is always tucked in.

What larry said, works very well. I do sometimes have a small area along the front which requires extra attention during cold weather because the fabric isn't as pliable as it is when warm.

larry - which way do you have the fan on - blowing air in or out, I assume out? with your description you have fully lowered the top before opening the door, is that possible because the fan is on?

When lowering the roof, have the fan blowing OUT to cause suction and bring the sidewalls in. When raising the roof, set the fan to blow IN, and pressurize the inside, making it easier to lift.

Back
Top Bottom