Factory luggage rack black top caps needed

natjwest

Contributors
DSC_8172.JPG
DSC_8171.JPG
Anyone know where to get more of these? If I have to call up the FWC factory for them, what do I call them? Mine are all UV-rayed and disintegrated today when I took things apart to recaulk the screw holes.

You can order them from Four Wheel Campers, they are a buck a piece. I just received mine! Give them a call 800 242 1442.....they will know what you need. Just tell them it`s for the factory rack screw whole covers.

A buck apiece? I am in the wrong business.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9750K22

Mcmaster-Carr $2.72 per pack of 100

CWD

You can order them from Four Wheel Campers, they are a buck a piece. I just received mine! Give them a call 800 242 1442.....they will know what you need. Just tell them it`s for the factory rack screw whole covers.

A buck apiece seems a bit steep,since the web site cost is about $.03.Give Marty a call at ATC .Not trying to imply anything here but a .$97 profit seems a bit much.

Frank

I can see them costing a dollar. By the time you pay someone to take a phone call or email, process a credit card payment, walk to the warehouse/storage area for the part, put it in a box, label it and ship it - a $0.03 costs a $1.

Now a $20 part better not have that kind of mark up, but you can't sell stuff for pennies and stay in business for long.

I can see them costing a dollar. By the time you pay someone to take a phone call or email, process a credit card payment, walk to the warehouse/storage area for the part, put it in a box, label it and ship it - a $0.03 costs a $1.
/quote]

I can't. There are some things in business that you just do not make money on, and this is one of those items. It is an incidental service item, probably going to someone who already has your product. If it were me, I would put 10 in an envelope and send them N/C to the customer. The $1 it costs is a better PR bang for your buck than any press release or show. Don't tell me that time is a factor either. The employee probably wastes more time checking personal emails and texts each day than a small thing like this.

CWD

Thanks to CWD, I have a pack of 100 coming to me soon via McMaster-Carr. If anyone wants a couple, send me a self-adressed stamped envelope with a couple extra stamps and I'll put some in the mail for you. IM for address.

Thanks to CWD, I have a pack of 100 coming to me soon via McMaster-Carr. If anyone wants a couple, send me a self-adressed stamped envelope with a couple extra stamps and I'll put some in the mail for you. IM for address.

Good job.I am glad to see someone step up and do this.Seems like the factory should have said the same thing.Good PR is good PR.Nuf said....

Happy Holidays to all. Frank

Got my bag of black cap thingies from McMaster-Carr today, $7 with shipping. Hollar if you want replacements for yours.
DSC_8181.JPG

Back
Top Bottom