Fall at Home & Our Backyard - October 2023

What a great way to celebrate fall.It's a shame some people don't have any common sense
or courtesy. I find dogs with bad manners are a reflection on the owners.

Very beautiful country.
Thanks for posting.
Frank

Sure wish I had that in my backyard! But thanks for sharing yours.
And I’m sorry you had to experience the rude couple. Man I hope they weren’t from Texas! :)

Cpt Davenport said:
Looks beautiful, and the perfect time of year for the adventure. Have you ever fished Emigrant?
No, have not fly fished Emigrant. I found this information for you -

Emigrant Lake: (22 acres at 8600' elevation) Four mile hike from Caples Lake with a self-sustaining Brookie population. The lake is fairly shallow with a maximum 27 foot depth. It was planted with Brookies from 1930 to 2000, then reassessed that no further planting were required. Rainbows were also planted within the lake from 1932 to 1947 but could not spawn.

In this area I hike into Meiss Meadow and the Upper Truckee River where the native Lahontan Cutthroat Trout have been reestablished and is open for catch and release single barbless hook fishing.

hmmmm, i dont want to be jealous of where u live - but i am !!!!
the ring thing - reminds me of when i was in outward bound. was on 3 day solo, north cascades, and first night i had made a great bivouac, and large pile of firewood. went to pull out my 5 matches, and no container.... could not find, and spent the night freezing ass off, and waiting for sun. next morning i was walking thru camp area, contemplating calling it quits - and there at my feet was my match container. it was in my pocket, with knife, and must have pulled out with knife. with all fir twigs, i must have brushed debris over container, and it disappeared. next day, i dislodged and it appeared.... ugh.. so, nice fires the next 2 nights. no sleeping bag on solo trip back then. no tent, just poncho/tarp.

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
What a great way to celebrate fall.It's a shame some people don't have any common seance
or courtesy. I find dogs with bad manners are a reflection on the owners.

Very beautiful country.
Thanks for posting.
Frank
Thanks Frank, we always appreciate your kind comments!

Wandering Sagebrush said:
You gotta purty neat back yard! Congrats on helping find the missing rings!
Mr. Sage, it is right purty, ain't it! We wanted those rings found and sure are glad the marriage is still intact!

JWL said:
Sure wish I had that in my backyard! But thanks for sharing yours.
And I’m sorry you had to experience the rude couple. Man I hope they weren’t from Texas! :)
JWL, thanks for the kind comment! I believe the kids were from one of the urban areas down the hill. Don't think they were from your state. :)

goinoregon said:
hmmmm, i dont want to be jealous of where u live - but i am !!!!
the ring thing - reminds me of when i was in outward bound. was on 3 day solo, north cascades, and first night i had made a great bivouac, and large pile of firewood. went to pull out my 5 matches, and no container.... could not find, and spent the night freezing ass off, and waiting for sun. next morning i was walking thru camp area, contemplating calling it quits - and there at my feet was my match container. it was in my pocket, with knife, and must have pulled out with knife. with all fir twigs, i must have brushed debris over container, and it disappeared. next day, i dislodged and it appeared.... ugh.. so, nice fires the next 2 nights. no sleeping bag on solo trip back then. no tent, just poncho/tarp.
Thanks Greg and that's a great story! We all know what it's like to loose something. :)

Back
Top Bottom