An Adventure to Celebrate Our 40th Annivesary - September 2023

rubberlegs said:
Thanks for your reports (except we are waiting for the last ones!). It's almost like being there.
Thanks Mr. Legs! We did a bunch of outside Fall chores on Saturday and, on Sunday, Julie wanted a high country hike..................and there went the weekend. I'm back on the job. See below. :)

Great Monte.Once again that rock art is mind blowing.
I think there is a problem with your part 5 .When I click on the
end photo of part 5 a rabbit comes up and you can't go any further.

The only way to get part 5 is through your "blog spot".
Strange.
Frank

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Great Monte.Once again that rock art is mind blowing.
I think there is a problem with your part 5 .When I click on the
end photo of part 5 a rabbit comes up and you can't go any further.

The only way to get part 5 is through your "blog spot".
Strange.
Frank
I've repaired the link. Thank for letting me know about my error.

good to see Dstretch in use again. I'm going to have to play with that, since my boss and I both love ancient art... Havent done Horseshoe canyon yet. Another destination to get to!

I revisited part 5 and near the end of the rock art there on one of the panels
are some modern human dates.How did they get up there to scratch them into the rock?

What a shame some people are that extreme in their defacing.
Thanks again for the show.

The walls of the canyons sure are art in themselves.
Frank

Dang, wish I had known. We know several good boondocking spots west of Delta. Never had any others come by while in them. Thanks for the trip report. Great so far.

As always a great trip report, I need to get started on mine. We also hit the Pando Grove, Oct 12 there was a dusting of snow and it was a cold 31 degrees. Just a day trip before we went to the BLM land just outside of Capitol Reef for the ellipse.

That was a very enjoyable read not to mention the absolutely beautiful photography! Of course I do love the desert. Thanks for sharing!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Thanks again for the great story.
Frank
You are welcome Frank, we are glad you are enjoying the tale!

AWG_Pics said:
Dang, wish I had known. We know several good boondocking spots west of Delta. Never had any others come by while in them. Thanks for the trip report. Great so far.
Thanks AWG!

billharr said:
As always a great trip report, I need to get started on mine. We also hit the Pando Grove, Oct 12 there was a dusting of snow and it was a cold 31 degrees. Just a day trip before we went to the BLM land just outside of Capitol Reef for the ellipse.
Thanks Bill and we hope you two had a wonderful trip!

JWL said:
That was a very enjoyable read not to mention the absolutely beautiful photography! Of course I do love the desert. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the kind comment and we're glad you are enjoying the story!

Well Monte all good things need a great ending.
Your 40th saga has been a great one,from places
we have been in the past to seeing beautiful new areas.
Thank you for sharing and taking the time to post your trip.

The Aspen colors at Great Basin were nice to see.
So many years we don't get very good color,but
this year seems to be different.

Good to see the Teds out and about.

Frank

That app/software is pretty cool. I was going to download it for some of our pictures but it seems to require a cost and not sure we'd use it enough to justify the cost. Do you use the phone version or the laptop version? Easy to use?

thanks.

kmcintyre said:
That app/software is pretty cool. I was going to download it for some of our pictures but it seems to require a cost and not sure we'd use it enough to justify the cost. Do you use the phone version or the laptop version? Easy to use?

thanks.
I made a donation ($25 I believe, now is $50) years ago and have the desktop version that I use to process my .jeg file photos with. It is a tool I use often.

I would recommend the app for your phone or tablet. I have it on an older Samsung 8" tablet. This allows for taking a photo through the app and then applying the various false color options in the field. Without its use in the field, it could be easy to miss faded artwork. Also, I can (and do) transfer photos off the tablet for use on the desktop for cataloging or blog use.

Sorry for the delayed response. Julie and I have been away and off the grid. :)

Back
Top Bottom