Fall Colors 2020

ski3pin

Belay On
Site Team
FYI, the Lady & I crossed the Sierra Nevada west to east last Saturday over Sonora Pass. The aspen leaves were just staring to turn on the east side of Sonora Pass and at Leavitt Meadows. Photo below.

Leavitt-Meadows-Sep2020-019-copy.jpg

There was very little color as we returned home through Hope Valley.

Today we crossed the Sierra Nevada west to east over Ebbetts Pass. Much more color in Hope Valley now. It's a nice start. Now, lets get some cold weather to go along with Fall!

And FYI, today is the opening of rifle deer season in the area. Lots of guys in camo and orange hats driving the roads.

Nice picture Ski. Love the aspen in the fall. Colors are coming along in the UP of Michigan too. We figure we were a week ahead of peak this past week.

Presque Isle River in the Porcupine Mountains:

IMG_1835.jpeg

Beautiful! Thanks takesiteasy. I have memories from the early 70's of fall colors in the driftless area of Wisconsin where my family is from. Oh, how I need to go back. Your posts poke at that need. :)

Ski like your crisp clean image of the aspen leaves with blue background!! Thanks for the update.

We went to Colorado to check out the fall colors and who would have thought masses of people also wanted to see them.

Got smoky sky's and decided to head to Teton to hope for better non smoky sky's but some smoke here to. Tonight we had to stay in a campground ($17.00 WITH GEYSERS card) and I just can't believe how many people are out, Gros Ventre campground is packed!!, now a neighbor rv started their generator at 8:15 pm. I miss the quiet of dispersed camping.

Here is a few cell phone images.

20201002_155102_resized.jpg

On the way back from K-Country last weekend I took this pic:
full

We had gone hiking one day and in addition to the larches which were past their prime, the heather was gorgeous:

full

And these unusually warm fall days have come with very calm (or no) winds. This lake usually has whitecaps on it!
full

Vic Harder said:
On the way back from K-Country last weekend I took this pic:

We had gone hiking one day and in addition to the larches which were past their prime, the heather was gorgeous:

And these unusually warm fall days have come with very calm (or no) winds. This lake usually has whitecaps on it!
Very nice, lots of fun! :)

Back
Top Bottom