Fall foliage trip Eastern High Sierra Hwy 395.

We did many of those same places. Actually, we hit all the fall color locations on the brochure you can get at the visitor center. Wasn't that hill construction crazy in Lee Vining?

Thanks Bill for the report.Great fall color. I miss going up Monitor Pass,just below Heaneen lake.
There is a great stand of huge aspens and when the sun shines through them the color is outstanding.
Very nice to see your photos of the color.
Thanks.
Frank

Very nice trip report and beautiful photographs. Monitor Pass being closed may have been a blessing because you all sure got yourselves into some beautiful fall colors.

I've driven past the Whoa Nellie several times--I think you've convinced me to stop in next time.

That was really nice, Bill. We enjoy your posts so much and your travel style. Fall colors were much better this year. Thanks for sharing! :)

I enjoyed your report! We experienced full campgrounds a lot on our recent trip to Utah. We were grateful for the dispersed camping opportunities we were able to find.

Great TR Bill. I got the Upper Pine campsite by chance two week prior to our trip. I think people cancel last minute and you can probably snag a site if you check in the morning. There might be some sunday nights and week night reservations available.

Back
Top Bottom