Fall trip on the WRT?

smlobx

Lost again
Hi folks-

I’m trying to develop a Plan B in the likely event our trip to AK isn’t possible. I saw today that Canyonlands is now accepting reservations for the WRT and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a possible fall trip.

What is the optimum time for a fall trip? Reservations through 9/14 are already filing fast and I was wondering if October might be a good time to consider.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

smlobx said:
Hi folks-

I’m trying to develop a Plan B in the likely event our trip to AK isn’t possible. I saw today that Canyonlands is now accepting reservations for the WRT and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a possible fall trip.

What is the optimum time for a fall trip? Reservations through 9/14 are already filing fast and I was wondering if October might be a good time to consider.

Thanks for any help/suggestions.

If you have not read my report of a WRT trip 3-1 to 3-6, 2020 ['05 Tundra Access Cab /'16 Hawk] send me a PM and include what vehicle/camper you will be using...I have a few insights..

Phil

https://www.wanderthewest.com/forum/topic/19661-wrtmuleys-coyotewhite-pocket-3-1-to-3-14/

Eddie, I can’t speak for the trail itself, but October in that area is great. It’s our favorite time at Lake Powell.

Caveat, you can get occasional strong thunder storms.

I would do an October trip in a heartbeat, early to mid month if possible. We did 4 nights and I'd like to take 4-5 nights and do the trip again sometime, beautiful scenery and not terribly difficult.

Back
Top Bottom