False Floor

captainphx

My wife and I are not tall....me, 5' 8", her 5' 0". So when we sit at our table our feet do not really touch the floor, so that makes sitting a little uncomfortable. I had just completed installing a Lagun table base, which you can read about in this thread...
http://www.wanderthe...hp?/topic/6420/

I came up with this idea. I decided to create a false floor. I had to change the location of the hinges on the turnbuckle access door. I used 3/4 inch plywood. I also applied several coats of verathane. The rest is self explanatory. It is removable. It makes a nice place to store a couple of pair of hiking boots. It is now much more comfortable ......for us.

IMG_0601.jpg

IMG_0600.jpg

Captain you do nice work! Really like your table set up also, will have to try that on my Hawk couch layout.

Wish you were my neighbor.....transfer to DIA?

Nice idea. We to are your height,but I think our dinette seats are not as high,19" to the top of the cushion.I do like your idea though.We store things there so a false floor might be a way to go.Your truck bed is deeper than mine so the distance from the floor to the "rail" is less than yours.I can see where your feet might not touch the floor.That's a great use of space.
Thanks for the idea.Frank

Captain you do nice work! Really like your table set up also, will have to try that on my Hawk couch layout.

Wish you were my neighbor.....transfer to DIA?

Thanks! Love DIA! Wish we had a base there. But then, I'm not based in PHX either! We have all the exact interests, even microbrews!

I am a tall person, almost too tall for these campers, but I could not help but looking.

Nice work!

If I was not such a tall freak I would put a false floor in the whole camper and in addition to extra storage I would put a water tank under there. Maybe also a shower pan....

Nice idea. We to are your height,but I think our dinette seats are not as high,19" to the top of the cushion.I do like your idea though.We store things there so a false floor might be a way to go.Your truck bed is deeper than mine so the distance from the floor to the "rail" is less than yours.I can see where your feet might not touch the floor.That's a great use of space.
Thanks for the idea.Frank

Distance from floor to top of cushion on ours was 22".

Back
Top Bottom