Fancy LED Flashlight - Caveat

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human
Site Team
RV LIFE Pro
I use a Fenix rechargeable flashlight for camping and around the house. It came with a warning to unscrew the battery cap a few turns when traveling. When I dropped mine this morning, the light turned on, and it reminded me why that warning exits.

A few weeks ago, daughter Kate and I were wandering SE Oregon and Northern Nevada, and I was showing her the various power settings on the light, and I didn’t set it back to a low lumen setting. Before dawn the next morning I made my way to the pit toilet, and hung my jacket on the hook to set about my business, and the on switch must have hit the wall. A short few seconds later, I looked up and saw a light beam projected out of my coat onto the floor. Then I saw the smoke rising. By the time I got to the jacket, there was a neat round hole burned?through my trusty old nylon Patagucci pocket.

There’s a valid reason why the warning exists.

My latest Nitecore (4000 lumens) gets very hot too. I liked my older 1000 lumen one better, but they stopped making it. The switch on this one does too many things!

Back
Top Bottom