Fantastic fan

Desert Rancher

Contributors
Since everyone raves about these things I guess I need one. Just not quite sure which model to get.

I think this is good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370441917081&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:MOTORS:1123

Suggestions are welcome.

ALSO, Thank you to the WTW group for creating ways to spend money that I do not have.

That is the basic one most have. Some folks opt for the higher level ones which add remote control, thermostat, etc.

I found one at a RV salvage yard and traded the 3 way fridge for it. It works great and the fridge got recycled! Salvage yards are great sources if you have the time.

Anyone know if this has the reverse? Seems that their models #'s may have changed over time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755551386&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I don't need any fancy stuff, just the 3 speed w/reverse.

I guess I could easily add a dc reverse polarity switch if I had to...

I'm about to take delivery on Tue of a Coyote RV camper and it will have the reversable fan with thermostat so hopfully i will be able to park in the sun and leave my dog inside without her getting cooked.

I don't see the reverse switch on the fan link you posted ?

That fantastic vent fan might be an older model that only spins in one direction ?

===================================================================================

Anyone know if this has the reverse? Seems that their models #'s may have changed over time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250755551386&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

I don't need any fancy stuff, just the 3 speed w/reverse.

I guess I could easily add a dc reverse polarity switch if I had to...

Since everyone raves about these things I guess I need one. Just not quite sure which model to get.

I think this is good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370441917081&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:MOTORS:1123

Suggestions are welcome.

ALSO, Thank you to the WTW group for creating ways to spend money that I do not have.

My wife wants to thank the group too....

I upgraded the fan in our now gone RV to the 14 speed and will be doing the same in the trailer this spring. The lower speeds are perfect for venting small spaces without a lot of noise. If I still had the FWC I wouldn't hesitate to do the upgrade in it either.

Looks like stan might be on the mark about an older fan w/o the reverse there as I don't see the switch either. Sorry for the erroneous comment earlier (but as mentioned you just need to add in a switch the flip the wires to make it happen if you wanted this model for a few less bucks).

Thanks guys, I'll let you know the results.

Also, Stan-I need to order a replacement door.
I've talked to Terry and just need to him get the exact dim's and pics.

Thank you for your help!

the description says it has a reversable motor.....

but after buying a 6600 with the remote and thermostat and rain sensor that closes the lid when it rains...there's no way I'd buy the basic model again. Too noisy....too much airflow in Winter on low to keep it on to control condensation, and a wet floor if you aren't in the camper to close the lid when it's raining.

good luck whatever ya decide

mtn

the description says it has a reversable motor.....

but after buying a 6600 with the remote and thermostat and rain sensor that closes the lid when it rains...there's no way I'd buy the basic model again. Too noisy....too much airflow in Winter on low to keep it on to control condensation, and a wet floor if you aren't in the camper to close the lid when it's raining.

good luck whatever ya decide

mtn

Why quieter, can run slower? Rain? we haven't seen any since September!

Yes, quieter....and more variable. With the remote you can dial it in from 10% to 100% manually....or you can set a temperature and the fan will speed up/slow down to try to hold that temp. "Low" speed on the standard model is about 35% power from matching the sounds each fan makes. When it's 15F outside and you want to move JUST A BIT of air yer out of luck with the standard model. It's just too much airflow....and the heater will run all night trying to keep up.

Socorro has had a bit of moisture. last time we were down in Dec. there was enough precip one night to activate the rain sensor and close the cover automatically.

But yeah.... "Winter" is something you just don't have down there...

travel safely

mtn

When it's 15F outside and you want to move JUST A BIT of air yer out of luck with the standard model. It's just too much airflow....and the heater will run all night trying to keep up.

If it's cold outside, why do you need to turn the fan on at all? With that big a temperature difference (inside-outside), natural convection (hot-air rising) will cause plenty of air to vent out without the fan.

BTW: I don't have a Fantastic Fan...yet -- never felt the need...but sounds like everybody else has one, so I guess I need one, too.
tongue.gif

BTW: I don't have a Fantastic Fan...yet -- never felt the need...but sounds like everybody else has one, so I guess I need one, too.
tongue.gif

Yes Mark, come away from the dark side, step over and join the brotherhood of the fantastic fan :rolleyes:

....oops, brotherhood is probably politically incorrect

Yes Mark, come away from the dark side, step over and join the brotherhood of the fantastic fan :rolleyes:

Ok...I assume there's some kind of initiation ceremony -- does it hurt much?

Back
Top Bottom