Favorite overnight spot north of Bakersfield >

DavidGraves

Howdy

We usually dead head to Colonel Allensworth State park but may not make it that far this time...

Any favorite small state or county parks for a quick overnight within say 150 miles of Bakersfield ?

Get there late (in the rain) and leave early....looking for quiet and safe and quiet,

Many thanks

David Graves

David, if you can handle a RV Park, the Orange Grove on the road out to Tehatchapi (Hwy 58) is an opportunity to stock up on sweet tree ripened oranges. Every space has a couple of trees to pick. I’m not sure how picked over they are now, but they were great in January.

Hi David - You are welcome to stay at our house which about 60 miles northeast of Bakersfield. Or, we have enough property that you can sleep in your camper at our place. If you prefer, you can stay at Lake Success, an Army Corps lake and campground on Hwy. 190 about 10 miles east of Porterville (about 5 miles from our house). PM me for more details if you are interested. BTW, For the sake of orientation, we are about 34 miles east of Hwy. 99 and Lake Success is about 29 miles east of Hwy. 99. Whatever you decide to do, travel safely.

Hi Missing Link

Many apologies for not responding earlier and thanks for the kind offer.

We have been mostly silent on WTW due to a glitch with phone.

Heading north over the next week or so.

David Graves

You are most welcome. How did your trip go? I trust you had good luck finding flowers. We were in Anza Borrego for a few days last week and may have seen you. A medium brown Chevy with a FWC passed us and I thought it might have been you.

Back
Top Bottom