Finally, Here It Is!

White Dog

So, after asking a hundred questions on this forum (thanks for all the great discussions), trying to cover a thousand different scenarios, placing the order, receiving notice of production, and a long 3 month wait before pickup, here is the new Grandby.
IMG_2481.JPG
Even managed to get a bit of dirt on it for authenticity.

Gary Morrissey from FWC Canada installed it in Calgary a couple of days ago. He is a great guy and did a very nice job in spite of it being in parking lot on a snotty spring day. The 2-day drive back home was great but not long enough. The Tundra performed great. I did a little mileage experiment which I will write up and present here in the next couple of days.

Thanks again to all those who offered their advice. Stay tuned for the adventures. I actually feel like I belong to this forum now!

Nice lookin' rig!
Just checked out (read skimmed) your mileage report. You really get 23-24 mpg regularly with your unloaded Tundra?! That's awesome. I've seen 19 once with my unloaded 2003. Down hill. With a tail wind...
Enjoy your new home!

Just checked out (read skimmed) your mileage report. You really get 23-24 mpg regularly with your unloaded Tundra?! That's awesome. I've seen 19 once with my unloaded 2003. Down hill. With a tail wind...

From his MPG report.

(Note: Being Canadian, I will give the mileage in imperial gallons first followed by the mileage in US gallons in brackets).

That is what you get for skimming a report. :p

Thanks all!

I've just being reviewing articles and videos of places we want to travel. Probably a mistake. The list at least doubled just in the last couple of hours :D

I suppose I will have to take the camper off soon. The truck has other responsibilities but I'll leave it on for a couple more days just to enjoy the view. In fact, I think I'll take my morning coffee out there tomorrow. Maybe do a bit more dreaming.

The truck has other responsibilities but I'll leave it on for a couple more days just to enjoy the view. In fact, I think I'll take my morning coffee out there tomorrow. Maybe do a bit more dreaming.

I camped out in my FWC the first night I brought her home. The kids joined me for breakfast soon thereafter. :rolleyes:

You will have fun!

Roger

The truck has other responsibilities but I'll leave it on for a couple more days just to enjoy the view. In fact, I think I'll take my morning coffee out there tomorrow. Maybe do a bit more dreaming.

It's your Walden Pond-

Nice looking rig. Before you take the camper off you should put some more photos up! I'm still searching for the perfect truck to haul my Grandby shell.

Back
Top Bottom