Finally ordered a FWC Grandby.

Dusty

I took me 6 years to 'come to Jesus' but here I am. I hung around here a bit 6 years ago but then got distracted by living mostly in South East Asia.
No more. Last month I ordered a Grandby shell from the Eagle, WI dealer. Getting solar and batteries, the couch and an awning and screen door. Putting it on a 2011 F-150 3.7L V6, regualr cab, 8' bed with a payload of 1750#. Also adding an Engel fridge from Sean at the Eagle store.
I have already got some good ideas from this forum and look forward to more of the same.
I'll be heading Southwest to Arizona for the upcoming winter and then going north to 'summer' in Idaho next year. Basically, I am going to live in the camper.
I'll of course put up pics when I get the Grandby. I learned here that without pics---it didn't happen.
Thanks guys for the great forum.
Dusty

Congrats. Dusty. We were going to order a grandby next spring from sean but found a nice grandby 2007. It is a shell with a couch. cabniet. Put in engle & slidlock, wave 3, 11# propain tank, a few odds & ends. Left jacks on.Weight was around 1300#. Have a 3/4 ton gas hog 6.liter. I kind of wish I would have bought a 1/2 ton ford with their heavy payload package,2300#. Would have handled the grandby just fine. Enjoy your new toy.

Congrats Dusty. Sounds like the camper willbe a fantastic way to live in great places and follow the good weather. Be sure to get the bumper sticker that says: If you lived in your car, you'd be home by now. ;)

Thanks, guys. I'm anxious to get going. Learning the big F-150 with the 8' bed is really something but I'm getting it. I realized I did not really know how to use the mirrors. A google search set me right.

I remember talking to Sean in Wisconsin quite a bit during my search a couple of years ago- real nice guy and very helpful. Congrats on your camper and happy travels.

Wise move.
I dithered a long time too. Don't know if it was 6 years. But I have not regretted any of the time since getting a FWC.

Way to go Dusty. Our '11 Grandby shell is giving us some mighty fine times out in the wilds. Enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom