Finch on a 2nd Gen Tacoma-tailgate?

ETAV8R

For those of you who are uber knowledgeable about all things FWC. I would like to know if the tailgate on a standard bed 2nd Gen Tacoma can be closed with a Finch in the bed. Thanks.

I may be joining the club and would like to be able to keep the tailgate on for various reasons. I've seen some pics of Tacos with Finches and it looks pretty tight.

I can't speak to your tale gate question, but I do know that it is a real pain in the arse to get in and out of a FWC or ATC with the gate down if the camper does not extend out and mostly over the tale gate.

I have read that too. If it works with it on and I get sick of it I can take it off. I know there are a couple people who kept their tailgates on.

and since the tail gate does not close, you will not have access to your spare tire. safety third!

I can't speak to your tale gate question, but I do know that it is a real pain in the arse to get in and out of a FWC or ATC with the gate down if the camper does not extend out and mostly over the tale gate.

This is true. Mock up a door to try getting in and out with the low door height.

As a rule, FWC are designed so that the tailgate can not be closed while the camper is loaded for safety and practical reasons:

If you are inside the camper and the tailgate gets closed, your only option would be to remove the emergency exit window.

Yes, you can close the tailgate on a Gen2 Tacoma with the six foot bed. :)

Sacrilege!
Are you trying to say the bible is wrong???

My new to me, hardly used, Finch is on my truck so I can share my thoughts and experiences.

After owning a flippac for a couple years we are use to getting in with a low overhang while stepping on the tailgate. We have been using a step identical to the one FWC sells and it works fine. Two pros I see having the tailgate are having a shelf to place things on such as shoes or a stove and having my backup camera there to use.
;)

Sacrilege!
Are you trying to say the bible is wrong???

The bible is wrong.
:unsure:

After I installed my Fleet last Feb I went through withdrawals for months not having a tailgate. I've had a tailgate for 30 years and its a great place to sit putting on hiking shoes, getting my fly rod ready, organizing my camera gear, etc.

DonC said:
After I installed my Fleet last Feb I went through withdrawals for months not having a tailgate. I've had a tailgate for 30 years and its a great place to sit putting on hiking shoes, getting my fly rod ready, organizing my camera gear, etc.

Ha I'm just gonna call it my camping porch.

Back
Top Bottom