First Annual San Diego FWC Drive-in

RC Pilot Jim

All,

There must be at least 10 or more FWC in San Diego County. I am always reading the posts to get ideas to
improve the way I do things. What better way to do this than to meet somewhere for a few days to hang out, make new friends and check out our rigs.

We could either boon dock or go to Agua Caliente Regional park and soak in the hot springs in Anza-Borrego state park.

Maybe we want to open our drive-in to all of southern california

Click on my icon and send me an email with your thoughts. If we get enough interest I will invite Stan and Tom at FWC to attend.

All,

There must be at least 10 or more FWC in San Diego County. I am always reading the posts to get ideas to
improve the way I do things. What better way to do this than to meet somewhere for a few days to hang out, make new friends and check out our rigs.

We could either boon dock or go to Agua Caliente Regional park and soak in the hot springs in Anza-Borrego state park.

Maybe we want to open our drive-in to all of southern california

Click on my icon and send me an email with your thoughts. If we get enough interest I will invite Stan and Tom at FWC to attend.

I'm in- but would prefer a somewhere cooler location during these hot desert summer months. Laguna and Palomar Mountain, or Santa Rosa Peak and Thomas Mountain are all nearby. Also have Big Bear within a few hours.

I'm up for this in the fall (I assume you are talking the fall given the sub title Fall 2012).As I have found putting together a couple meet and greets on ExPo, pick a place and date and let it go from there. You won't make everyone happy nor everyone will be able to attend but if you end up talking about doing it but never make firm plans, the time will pass and nothing will happen.Keep us posted!

How about Blair Valley, below the old Marshall South home. Have not been there in many years, but seemed like a nice open place to camp.

~DR

Tim, Mike, Desert Rancher,

All good ideas. Yes I'm talking about Fall as weather is cooler. I was thinking about the first or second weekend in October 2012.

Desert Rancher mentioned Blair Valley just north of the Marshall south homesite. I agree that is a great spot to boon dock as it is protected by hills just west of the camping area.

Blair Valley and Little Blair valley.
On my last trip out there I camped in what i think was Blair valley on the trail to the "morteros". My state park map shows a Little Blair Valley. I recall going south on S-2 turning off to the left onto a track that took me around the hills on my right into a broad valley. There is camping for a group on the right and if I stayed on the trail south i came to a track where I would turn left to the Pictographs or right to the monteros and mashall south home.

Was this Blair Valley or Little Blair valley?

Just an FYI, the Mountain Rendezvous, hosted by a member over on ExPo, is set for the first weekend of Oct. Last year had a lot of FWC people attending that were local, so you might do the second or third weekend of Oct. We can likely make a later Oct. date but the first weekend we will be at the MR.

Hi Mike,
This fall the only weekend I have available is the first weekend in October. December is probably out due to the holidays. Might try mid January or early February in Anza Borego (wonder if people would show up during Washington's birthday weekend) . Do you know of any conflicts with any other groups FWC's might attend during that time?

Where is Mountain Rendevous held?

What is ExPo?

Thanks.

Hi Jim,I am not aware of any other events going on in Jan or Feb. time frame.As for ExPo, it's short for Expedition Portal, all things overland!!! http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/Mountain Rendevous is being put on for the second year by one of the ExPo members, in a private camp in Big Bear. It is so popular that the 80 available spots were filled in 24 hours. :D He also puts together a Desert one in March/April with no size limit.

Blair valley is always a good spot for a group.

Attachments

• Blair valley.gif
    Blair valley.gif
    223.1 KB · Views: 80
Back
Top Bottom