First Four Wheel of the Year

robbie

I have a real good view from my office, of the Alaska Highway and the Sign Post Forest at Watson Lake, Yukon. I noticed what looked like a FWC at the pull out to the forest so went over for a closer look.
Sure enough it was the first FWC I have seen traveling through this year. A Hawk from North Carolina. It is on the way to Prudoe Bay with a June 30 date in Anchorage to meet some people.
Has been very windy all the way from Saskatchewan. Real windy here too, and not too warm.

Have a great trip..

robbie

Can I write big enough ""YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY EXTRA GAS'''''' We have gas stations here and in Alaska....

I am pretty sure you have the right outfit...

You do not need to carry any more gear up here than if you were to go from Nashville to Peroria..

You spend more money on reduced gas mileage carrying all that "stuff" and you will never need it..

Yes we have Walmart, even grocery stores...so does Alaska

Robbie

Sorry if I sound cinical but you can not imagine the "rigs" we see coming through here. Overloaded, poor tires, no money, etc, etc..
Sell your bed and pots and pans down there. we have those things up here...You don't need to bring them up here...

robbie

Can I write big enough ""YOU DO NOT NEED TO CARRY EXTRA GAS'''''' We have gas stations here and in Alaska....

I am pretty sure you have the right outfit...

You do not need to carry any more gear up here than if you were to go from Nashville to Peroria..

You spend more money on reduced gas mileage carrying all that "stuff" and you will never need it..

Yes we have Walmart, even grocery stores...so does Alaska

Robbie

Ditto!

When I was 18 (1994) I drove to Alaska in a 2wd Ford Ranger - I took no extra gas and didn't even have a spare tire until somewhere in Canada when my co-pilot learned I didn't have one :D

I had a tent and a small cooler - it was pretty easy going!

Gas and supplies were never a problem.

Saw another FWc today. On a black toyota and two kayaks on the roof. enjoy your trip..

Our Fleet will be launched (put on the truck) this weekend..

robbie

Back
Top Bottom