First oficial trip in my camper

d tree's

The main reason I purchased this camper is for hunting trips up north , this trip was up in the Sac valley drew for opening weekend with my hunting partner Rob and this was his first time in an FWC also met up with Curt from Bakersfield . Left early 0430 from long beach 8-9 hour trip depending on how many stops which we had several for the dog and us too much coffee lol, got up there around 1600 Friday to do some scouting for Saturday morning and Sunday, day one Sac refuge day two Delevan NWR both refuges are about an hour north of Sac driving the loop sure made me miss living up there saw tons of birds !. Day one we got a blind in a pretty open pond and as shooting time came and sun started coming up birds were everywhere we were patient and picked out our birds we were being picky trying to shoot mallards widgeon pintail etc ended up with almost limits of ducks and a goose taken by me could of been easy limits but we left the ring necks and shovelers for somebody else to enjoy .

Day two at Delevan was awesome had a low pick and took a good blind next to the closed zone all of us got our goose limits and picked away at the mallards widgeon pintail Curt even got a Wood Duck :D it was awesome only bummer of the trip was the rain both days the new canvas ATC put on the old Grandby worked awesome , but with all the rain it was imposible to dry our jackets and waders out so we were soggy bottom boys , hope to get oput in the next couple weeks may go down to the Colorado river for the next trip ! ,D

Some pics from the trip

Me and Shasta my dog
PA240112.jpg

Rob and a goose
PA240100.jpg

Shasta at work
PA240097.jpg

Rob and our birds from Sunday
PA240113.jpg

Testing out the bird hook
PA240117.jpg

Weekends take
IMG_20101024_153857.jpg

PS while on the Refuges I saw several FWC's and ATC's was anybody else there last weekend ,D

DD my favorite is on the BBQ, marinate in Chakas MMM sauce wrap in bacon and que up medium rare , gonna que up some tonight pics to follow :D ,D

DD my favorite is on the BBQ, marinate in Chakas MMM sauce wrap in bacon and que up medium rare , gonna que up some tonight pics to follow :D ,D

Looking forward to some pics my mouth is watering already! I love duck confit - I wonder how difficult it is to make at home. Have you ever tried making it?

Given the last picture I hope your Fantastic Fan was working well.

Luckily this meal was eaten at home :LOL: ,D

It's clear your hunting success was due to having the camper. Duck for the next rally generously provided by dTree's...
:)

but we left the ring necks and shovelers for somebody else to enjoy .

How generous... :p

Looks like a good time. I have plans to use mine for very similar trips. It will be a super upgrade to sleeping in the back of my truck or in the front seat. If you even find yourself in NW Oregon -- I can point you in the direction of some sweet public hunting spots.

As for eating them - I turn almost all of mine into homemade sausages and BBQ them like brats. Mmmmmm.

It's clear your hunting success was due to having the camper. Duck for the next rally generously provided by dTree's...
:)

Brett I could do that ;) lol

How generous... :p

Looks like a good time. I have plans to use mine for very similar trips. It will be a super upgrade to sleeping in the back of my truck or in the front seat. If you even find yourself in NW Oregon -- I can point you in the direction of some sweet public hunting spots.

As for eating them - I turn almost all of mine into homemade sausages and BBQ them like brats. Mmmmmm.

Scout that would be awesome thanks , I have wandered up around bend and as N/W as Mc minville saw the old spruce goose after it left Long Beach and as far east as Summer lake but would like to pack the old shotgun and dog up on the N/W coast ,what kind of birds are you shooting I bet lots widgeon ? ,D

Scout that would be awesome thanks , I have wandered up around bend and as N/W as Mc minville saw the old spruce goose after it left Long Beach and as far east as Summer lake but would like to pack the old shotgun and dog up on the N/W coast ,what kind of birds are you shooting I bet lots widgeon ? ,D

I'm currently taking a hunting hiatus due to a new baby - but I used to shoot everything! On the Columbia you can go after standard puddle ducks or diver ducks. On the coastal bays it is the same, lots of widgeon in the bays.
- but you can target some crazy stuff if you want.

IMG_6000.jpg

If you have a small boat, canoe, aquapod, etc you can do pretty dang well in the bays.

In-land in the Willamette Valley it is all puddle ducks - mostly mallards. But a lot more hunters and a lot less public land...

I'm currently taking a hunting hiatus due to a new baby - but I used to shoot everything! On the Columbia you can go after standard puddle ducks or diver ducks. On the coastal bays it is the same, lots of widgeon in the bays.
- but you can target some crazy stuff if you want.

IMG_6000.JPG

If you have a small boat, canoe, aquapod, etc you can do pretty dang well in the bays.

In-land in the Willamette Valley it is all puddle ducks - mostly mallards. But a lot more hunters and a lot less public land...

Aqua Pod 'check' 10' footer :)

Back
Top Bottom