first overnight

Machinebuilder

Here in the east we've had quite a few very wet weekends. Because of this I have not gotten my "shakedown cruise" with my new camper.

After a week of beautiful weather, and looking at the weather forecast..............

Friday was another beautiful spring day, mid 70's and sunny. I decided to leave work after 8 hours make a quick run home , throw some food, beer, firewood, and my dogs and head to a nice quiet spot not far from home.

I actually was setting camp up by about 5pm

i-gkC9PWj-M.jpg

i-rptVcSQ-M.jpg

i-6DmLkbt-M.jpg

Milo was happy, guarding the camp, exploring and relaxing

i-r74HhL3-M.jpg

I think Jada spent more time in the lake than on land

i-v3DmZgM-M.jpg

She did wear herself out and after leading her up the new ramp

i-JDthb8N-M.jpg

Saturday AM we lazed around, took a hike to a waterfall and relaxed

i-Df7xGZX-M.jpg

They were ready to go home...........

i-9f7S6j9-M.jpg

About 4pm the storm clouds started to roll in so I packed up and headed home.

it was a very short overnight but I did learn the next things I need to work on.

Thanks for capturing and sharing the good stuff, the important parts.

David Graves

Nice photos Machinebuilder. Glad the group had a nice trip. Keep us informed on the items you’re going to tackle

Russ

thanks for your comments.

I guess I should add that this is Chilhowee lake, just south of Great Smokey Mountain National park.

It was dammed around 1963 by Alcoa aluminum and was sold to Brookfield Energy, a few years ago. this is one of several free campsites they provide.

Yep, MB as Ski says, that first trip was something else and enjoyed your photos! Me (as mentioned [no hijack here] in another thread here today), On that first trip, I forgot to pull the power switch and turn the fan on on the frig, and was wondering what I did wrong as I watched my beer get warm and the steaks begun to thaw :oops: . It was a Saturday and my panicked call to Four Wheel was answered :D and problem solved! Many more adventures are out there so enjoy! Maybe someone should start a new thread on "that first trip"??

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
Yep, MB as Ski says, that first trip was something else and enjoyed your photos! Me (as mentioned [no hijack here] in another thread here today), On that first trip, I forgot to pull the power switch and turn the fan on on the frig, and was wondering what I did wrong as I watched my beer get warm and the steaks begun to thaw :oops: . It was a Saturday and my panicked call to Four Wheel was answered :D and problem solved! Many more adventures are out there so enjoy! Maybe someone should start a new thread on "that first trip"??

Smoke
beer getting warm, THAT's a good reason to panic

Thanks for the report on "Wandering the West-ern parts of NC and nearby East TN". Nice-looking rig and nice-looking campsite. I have not been to any of the TVA or Alcoa impoundments over that way excepting along the Ocoee River for some dam-release paddling about 25 years ago.

If you like the lakes and don't mind driving a little further, look at South Holston and Watauga near Bristol and Mountain City,respectively. The Cherokee NF has camprounds on both reservoirs, and two near US 421 on South Holston are pretty nice.

Foy (Raleigh, NC)

Great stuff Machinebuilder. Looks like your two buddies have settled right in.

Nice spot too. Complete with quiet neighbours ..

Nice first trip. Nice to have something so close to home for free, easy to unwind any day of the week. Awesome looking dogs, I bet they had a blast.

Like the graveyard pic. The best neighbour is a dead neighbour :p

That's what it's all about! Thanks for sharing, my dog and I are mind-camping looking at these pics. Looks like a great setup all 'round; rig, dogs, campsite.

Here's to more good times ahead!

Was talking about on the wood platform for travel. I kept the seat in my F-250 and built a platform, cooler behind me and dog bed behind my wife, with another dog bed between the front dinette seats. What we do for our dogs.

longhorn1 said:
Was talking about on the wood platform for travel. I kept the seat in my F-250 and built a platform, cooler behind me and dog bed behind my wife, with another dog bed between the front dinette seats. What we do for our dogs.[emoji16]
Taking the seat out gained me about 8” of space, the platform leveled the floor and gave me another stash for chairs tools etc.

There usually is a dog bed there. It was out next to my chair, I was digging for a phone cable and they jumped in.

Cell phones die quickly without a signal........

Back
Top Bottom