First Posting for Hawk

David_h

Advanced Member
I just purchased a 2005 Ford Supercrew 4x4 truck and a 2006 Hawk camper a couple of months ago and I thought I'd make my first post with a couple of pics of my wiring project showing the wiring connect the camper battery to the truck. I reviewed the forum and the FWC info and installed a Sure Power 1314 Battery Separator. I almost wired it with 8 gauge wire then decided to go with 6 gauge wire including replacing the camper's original wiring (looked like 10 gauge). I found the wire and a connector at Cabelas. Another project will be an air deflector on top of the truck. I still need to use the applicances for the first time. Other projects I've done include 7/8 plywood strips on the bottom of the Hawk to fit the deep Ford bed, made a camper dolly for storing the Hawk, and trimmed the front bumpers by 1-inch. Our only night in the camper so far was on the way home from the purchase, but I am looking forward to hitting the road with my two children this summer for a variety of trips.
Regards
David
Marin County, CA

Attachments

• 2-Battery Wire 001.jpg
    2-Battery Wire 001.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 538
  • 2-Battery Wire 002.jpg
    2-Battery Wire 002.jpg
    158.5 KB · Views: 552
  • 2-Battery Wire 005.jpg
    2-Battery Wire 005.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 552
  • 2-Battery Wire 006.jpg
    2-Battery Wire 006.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 561
  • 2-Battery Wire 008.jpg
    2-Battery Wire 008.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 541
Welcome david.

Congrats on the camper/truck acquisition! I can see from all of the wiring/modification shots in your first post that you'll fit in here very well!

see ya on the road!

mtn

Welcome David I'm near you If you want to check some of my mods PM me. camping with my girls have been great with the camper you will love it.

I just purchased a 2005 Ford Supercrew 4x4 truck and a 2006 Hawk camper a couple of months ago and I thought I'd make my first post with a couple of pics of my wiring project showing the wiring connect the camper battery to the truck. I reviewed the forum and the FWC info and installed a Sure Power 1314 Battery Separator. I almost wired it with 8 gauge wire then decided to go with 6 gauge wire including replacing the camper's original wiring (looked like 10 gauge). I found the wire and a connector at Cabelas. Another project will be an air deflector on top of the truck. I still need to use the applicances for the first time. Other projects I've done include 7/8 plywood strips on the bottom of the Hawk to fit the deep Ford bed, made a camper dolly for storing the Hawk, and trimmed the front bumpers by 1-inch. Our only night in the camper so far was on the way home from the purchase, but I am looking forward to hitting the road with my two children this summer for a variety of trips.
Regards
David
Marin County, CA
Welcome David, I lived a good part of my life in Marin Co. mostly Sausalito, I need to warn you, there is a guy here who's going to tell you to keep your trips close to home, or haul you're own tow truck, because you drive a Ford. I'm not going to name any names, but he lives in a Pueblo or something like that, it's in the desert some place, I've learned the hard way, just ignore the guy, he's nice, and I think probably harmless, but for sure he's gettin' way to much sun, and the more sun he gets, the less he likes Fords. You might want to spray the bed in that Ford, especially if your going to keep it a while.

And invite you inlaws on your trips. They can help push.

See, it's almost like I can see into the future.

"FORD" keep on truckin !

You'll be glad you purchased a Ford, it makes you feel great to stop and help out the Dodge and Chevys owners on the side of the road ! They may even slip you a cold one for helping !

Beware Chevy's in need of assistance.

You'll be glad you purchased a Ford, it makes you feel great to stop and help out the Dodge and Chevys owners on the side of the road ! They may even slip you a cold one for helping !

Don't stop to help out the driver of a Chevy! The chances are slim that he's broken down. It's more likely that he's lying in wait to jump you when you stop to offer help. If he is truly broken down, then it's likely he is too cheep to offer you a beer for your assistance. Stay away from these cretins.

Back
Top Bottom